Azharuddin’s son still criticalSeptember 12th, 2011 - 11:54 am ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Sep 12 (IANS) Former Indian captain Mohammed Azharuddin’s son Mohammed Ayazuddin continued to battle for life Monday, a day after he met with a road accident.
Azharuddin, who flew in here from London early Monday, rushed to the hospital after consoling his sister, whose 16-year-old son Ajmal-ur-Rahman died in the same accident.
According to doctors at Apollo Hospital, Ayazuddin, 19, was still on ventilator. They were continuing medication to maintain his blood pressure.
Mahesh Joshi, head, emergency medicines at Apollo Hospital, said the youngster sustained grievous injuries in the chest and kidneys. A surgery was performed on him late Sunday to stop bleeding from the chest.
A multi-speciality team of doctors is closely monitoring his condition. Ayazuddin, an upcoming cricketer, was driving a high-power sports bike with his cousin riding pillion when he lost control and they fell down near Poppalaguda on the Outer Ring Road.
Ayaz is the youngest of the two sons of Azharuddin from his first wife Naureen, whom the former cricketer divorced to marry actress Sangeeta Bijlani.
Both Naureen and Bijlani, along with other relatives, are camping at the hospital. Azharuddin, who played 99 Tests and 334 One-Day Internationals for India, was banned for life in 2000 following allegations of his involvement in match fixing.
The former cricketer joined Congress before 2009 elections and was elected to the Lok Sabha from Moradabad in Uttar Pradesh.
Ajmal-ur-Rahman was buried in a graveyard in Shantinagar Sunday night. He was the son of Congress leader Khaleeq-ur-Rahman and grandson of former MP Khaleel-ur-Rahman.
- Azharuddin's nephew dies, son serious - Sep 11, 2011
- Azharuddin's son remains critical - Sep 13, 2011
- Azharuddin's son passes away, laid to rest - Sep 16, 2011
- Bhopal's superbike craze in top gear (Feature) - Sep 21, 2011
- At risk: Delhi bikers with need for speed (Feature) - Sep 27, 2011
- Three including ex-minister's son die in accident - Dec 20, 2011
- Bollywood mourns death of Azharuddin's son - Sep 16, 2011
- Mohammad Azharuddin To Divorce His Wife For Jwala Gutta? - Jul 23, 2010
- Sangeeta Bijlani Has A Buddy In Salman - Jul 27, 2010
- Dhoni lacks intelligence: Azhar - Apr 13, 2012
- Tendulkar fourth cricketer now in parliament - Jun 04, 2012
- Non-bailable warrant against Azharuddin - Mar 01, 2012
- Is Azharuddin witness to Shoaib, Ayesha staying in a hotel? - Apr 04, 2010
- Sachin best to decide his retirement: Azhar - Apr 13, 2012
- Azharuddin meets Congress leaders, may join the party (Lead) - Jan 23, 2009
Tags: actress sangeeta, apollo hospital, ayaz, congress leader, cricketer, day internationals, early monday, first wife, indian captain, joshi, khaleel, kidneys, Lok Sabha, mohammed azharuddin, moradabad, power sports, road accident, sangeeta bijlani, ventilator, youngster