Azerbaijan’s air force chief shot deadFebruary 11th, 2009 - 4:52 pm ICT by IANS
Baku (Azerbaijan), Feb 11 (RIA Novosti) The commander-in-chief of Azerbaijani air force was shot dead Wednesday, the defence ministry said.The shooting occurred outside air force chief Lt. Gen. Rail Rzayev’s home in central Baku. Rzayev was the air force chief since 1992. He was 64.
Rzayev was taken to a hospital in the Azerbaijani capital but died soon afterwards, the day.az website said.
A spokesman for the defence ministry said Rzayev died from a “gunshot wound to the head”.
- Clinton seeks Russia, China's help in Syrian crisis - Jun 07, 2012
- Russia denies selling S-300 air defence systems to Azerbaijan - Jul 29, 2010
- 22 Azerbaijanis suspected of spying for Iran held - Mar 15, 2012
- Anzhi draw Liverpool, Udinese in Europa League - Sep 01, 2012
- Russian military cadet dies in skydive - Apr 05, 2012
- Russia to test first combat drone in 2014 - Apr 20, 2012
- US warplanes to hold drills - May 18, 2012
- Russia wants strike drone - Apr 02, 2012
- Azerbaijan to host global singing contest - May 02, 2012
- UAE discusses military issues with foreign officials - Nov 15, 2011
- Russian military chief visits US - Jul 10, 2012
- Olympic bronze: Heavyweights Pulev and Mammadov win bronze - Aug 10, 2012
- Indian Army chief-designate conferred medal for distinguished service - Apr 17, 2012
- Blast hits Russia-bound Azerbaijan pipeline - Apr 14, 2012
- Russia military to form 26 new brigades by 2020 - Jul 17, 2012