Ayodhya verdict: Jammu and Kashmir takes steps to stem troubleSeptember 22nd, 2010 - 10:09 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, Sep 22 (IANS) Fearing that there may be trouble in the communally sensitive Jammu region, the authorities in Jammu and Kashmir Wednesday asked the police and paramilitary forces to step up vigil ahead of the Ayodhya verdict Friday.
Chief Secretary S.S. Kapoor and Director General of Police Kuldeep Khoda held a meeting here with senior police officers, paramilitary forces and the civil administration to draw a plan to deal with the potential trouble makers.
Kapoor directed the officers to take “necessary steps for maintaining law and order in the region”, according to a police spokesperson .
The chief secretary said that “nobody should be allowed to vitiate the atmosphere at any cost”.
The demolition of the 16th century Babri Masjid Dec 6, 1992 by Hindu radicals who believed that the mosque was built on the birthplace of Lord Ram had triggered nationwide riots.
- Security beefed up in Orissa - Sep 23, 2010
- Red alert in Hyderabad for Babri anniversary - Dec 05, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh seeks security ahead of Ayodhya verdict - Aug 31, 2010
- Security alert across India on Babri demolition anniversary - Dec 05, 2010
- Letter threatens to blow up Ramjanmabhoomi complex - Apr 17, 2012
- Security alert ahead of Ayodhya verdict, Games - Sep 22, 2010
- Babri demolition anniversary passes off peacefully (Roundup) - Dec 06, 2010
- Shutdown in parts of Hyderabad on Babri anniversary - Dec 06, 2010
- Security stepped up in Kerala ahead of Ayodhya verdict - Sep 23, 2010
- Factsheet: Timeline of the Ayodhya Dispute - May 09, 2011
- BJP raps government on Amarnath Yatra decision - May 16, 2012
- Ayodhya, Faizabad turn fortresses ahead of verdict - Sep 23, 2010
- Be careful about Ayodhya judgment coverage: Editors' guild - Sep 22, 2010
- High alert across India after Supreme Court's Ayodhya ruling (Lead) - Sep 28, 2010
- Heavy security in India amid appeals for peace - Sep 30, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,