Ayodhya verdict: Another party to move apex courtSeptember 27th, 2010 - 4:58 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Sep 27 (IANS) After petitioner Ramesh Chandra Tripathi, who had sought deferment of the Ayodhya verdict, another key party in the matter Nirmohi Akhara plans to move the Supreme Court seeking postponement of the judgment for three months to facilitate an out-of-court amicable settlement, a lawyer said Monday.
This was disclosed by Nirmohi Akhara counsel Ranjit Lal Verma just before leaving for Delhi to move an application in the apex court.
“I am heading for Delhi to move an application before the apex court for postponing the verdict for three months,” Lal told IANS.
He is also seeking the apex court’s intervention for granting extension to a judge of the Allahabad High Court, Dharam Veer Sharma, who is scheduled to retire at the end of this month.
Justice Sharma is one of the three judges on the high court bench which is due to deliver its judgment on the Ayodhya dispute. The high court had reserved its verdict July 27 and announced it would pronounce it Sep 24.
The apex court later imposed an interim stay on the pronouncement of the judgment till Sep 28.
- Ayodhya verdict: Another party to move apex court (Lead) - Sep 27, 2010
- No out-of-court solution or delaying Ayodhya verdict: Court (Lead) - Sep 17, 2010
- Ayodhya group echoes need for 'amicable settlement' - Sep 17, 2010
- Justice Sharma issues dissenting note; favours conciliation in Ayodhya land dispute case - Sep 20, 2010
- No amicable solution or delaying Ayodhya verdict: Court (Night Lead) - Sep 18, 2010
- Ayodhya case: Hashim Ansari to file appeal - Feb 13, 2011
- Hearing on plea for delaying Ayodhya verdict put off (Third Lead) - Sep 22, 2010
- Apex court defers Ayodhya verdict till Sep 28 (Lead) - Sep 23, 2010
- Apex court stays Ayodhya verdict till Sep 28 (Second Lead) - Sep 23, 2010
- Supreme Court stays Ayodhya verdict till Sep 28 (Night Lead) - Sep 23, 2010
- Apex court to hear plea on deferring Ayodhya verdict (Second Lead) - Sep 22, 2010
- Status quo at Ayodhya site extended till Aug 31 (Lead) - Apr 28, 2011
- Ayodhya: Judge issues dissenting note, favours conciliation (Lead) - Sep 20, 2010
- Court calls for amicable settlement of Ayodhya dispute - Sep 14, 2010
- Ayodhya verdict:Allahabad High Court gives ownership of disputed land to all three factions - Sep 30, 2010
Tags: allahabad high court, amicable settlement, apex, apex court, ayodhya dispute, chandra, court bench, judgment, lal, lawyer, petitioner, postponement, pronouncement, supreme court, three months, tripathi