Ayodhya dispute a national problem: PriestSeptember 29th, 2010 - 9:58 pm ICT by IANS
Ayodhya, Sep 29 (IANS) Head priest of Ram Lala - a makeshift temple at the disputed site in Ayodhya - Mahant Acharya Satyendra Das said here Wednesday that the Ramjanmabhoomi-Babri Masjid dispute must be viewed as a national problem and not as a conflict between two religious communities.
“The Ramjanmabhoomi-Babri Masjid issue cannot be linked only to Hindus and Muslims… It has become a national problem… As people across the country want that the dispute must now be sorted out, it has become a national issue,” Das told reporters.
“We should accept the much-awaited judgment on the long-pending Ayodhya issue as a citizen of India and not as a member of a particular religion,” he added.
Das said that at this stage when the judgment would be pronounced in the nearly 60-year-old case, the main focus should remain on making efforts for ensuring peace and harmony.
“I just appeal to members of both the communities that they should make every effort to maintain peace and communal harmony at this crucial stage,” he said.
“It’s the responsibility of both Hindus and Muslims to ensure peace post-verdict. In any case, the judgment should not affect the relationship between the members of the two communities,” he said.
- Ayodhya dispute: Ansari's move for talks welcomed - Oct 04, 2010
- VHP seers meet in Ayodhya to decide on road ahead - Oct 20, 2010
- Nirmohi Akhara wants Kalam, Deoband in Ayodhya mediation - Oct 13, 2010
- A welcome sign for Hindus and Muslims, says Christian group - Sep 30, 2010
- Babri demolition anniversary low-key in Ayodhya-Faizabad - Dec 06, 2011
- No winner or loser: Ramjanmabhoomi Trust - Sep 30, 2010
- Alert in Orissa ahead of Ayodhya verdict - Sep 29, 2010
- Hindu leaders want law to build Ram temple in Ayodhya - Dec 26, 2010
- Amicable agreement on dispute needed: Ayodhya residents - Sep 30, 2010
- Ayodhya verdict: PM appeals for communal peace - Sep 29, 2010
- Ayodhya case: A great sense of relief, says oldest litigant - Sep 28, 2010
- Ayodhya verdict not about Hindus, Muslims: Babri panel - Sep 30, 2010
- Apex court's Ayodhya decision welcomed by all (Roundup) - Sep 28, 2010
- States on security alert after apex court's Ayodhya ruling - Sep 28, 2010
- PM appeals for peace after Ayodhya verdict (Lead) - Sep 28, 2010
Tags: citizen, communal harmony, conflict, head priest, hindus and muslims, India, judgment, mahant, old case, peace and harmony, relationship, religion, religious communities, should make every effort