Awaiting envoy’s report on Indian fisherman’s killing: KrishnaJuly 19th, 2012 - 9:05 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, July 19 (IANS) Foreign Minister S. M. Krishna said Thursday that he was awaiting report of Indian ambassador to UAE on the killing of an Indian fisherman off the Dubai coast by a US navy ship.
“Only after the report, a conclusion can be drawn,” Krishna told reporters here after casting vote in the presidential poll.
The fisherman from Tamil Nadu was killed and three others injured Monday when a US navy ship fired at their fishing boat. Besides four Indian fishermen, there were two UAE nationals on the small boat.
- Time to frame rules to protect our fisherfolk (Comment) - Jul 23, 2012
- US assures India of probe into fisherman's killing - Jul 20, 2012
- Krishna says UAE probing Indian fisherman's killing - Jul 17, 2012
- Get compensation to families of Indian fishermen: Jayalalithaa (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Get compensation to families of Indian fishermen: Jayalalithaa - Jul 17, 2012
- India for probe into US deadly attack on fishermen off Dubai (Roundup) - Jul 17, 2012
- UAE probes Indian fisherman's killing by US ship (Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Fisherman killing: India seeks transparent probe from US - Aug 09, 2012
- India plans action over fisherman killing by US warship (Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Take strong stand against Sri Lanka: Jayalalithaa urges PM - Nov 07, 2011
- India plans action over fisherman killing by US warship (Second Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Indian fisherman killed by Sri Lankan Navy - Jul 08, 2010
- Coast Guard, navy should protect fishermen, says court - Oct 14, 2011
- US ship didn't warn Indian fishermen: Dubai police chief - Jul 19, 2012
- Sri Lanka arrests 23 Indian fishermen - Jun 21, 2011