Avoid mobiles at work, Kerala employees toldJune 6th, 2012 - 3:30 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, June 6 (IANS) To raise efficiency in government offices, the Kerala government has asked all its employees to restrict the use of mobile telephones during work hours.
The government order, based on the recommendations of the Administrative Reforms Committee, first came out in February.
Since it does not appear to have had the desired effect, it has now been sent out to all department heads again.
The latest circular says that there have been numerous complaints from the public that many government officials engage in private calls on their mobile phones while at work.
“The government views this seriously and instructs all government employees to restrict private calls on mobile phones during office hours, except in unavoidable circumstances,” reads the order.
- Expected 24/7, feel Indian public sector employees - Apr 11, 2012
- China wants openness in government affairs - Aug 03, 2011
- CPI-M worker killed during Kerala shutdown (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Bengal questions staff for absence on strike day - Mar 07, 2012
- Chandy opens 24/7 call centre at his office - Sep 01, 2011
- Left raises attack on school teacher in assembly - Oct 03, 2011
- Former minister's jail term extended for using mobile - Oct 06, 2011
- 5,000 Kerala doctors on daylong strike - May 03, 2011
- Chandy denies speaking to jailed leader, assembly rocked - Oct 04, 2011
- Buses stoned in Thiruvananthapuram shutdown - Sep 17, 2011
- Northeast pre-paid mobiles allowed roaming facilities - May 25, 2011
- Left-backed Kerala government staff to strike work Aug 21 - Aug 17, 2012
- Festivals, protests and strikes - it's 'holiday season' in Kerala - Aug 20, 2012
- Bank staff plans strike against privatisation (Lead) - Jun 28, 2011
- Central help likely to track phone calls from Kerala jails - Oct 21, 2011
Tags: administrative reforms, desired effect, efficiency, government employees, government offices, kerala government, many government officials, mobile phones, mobile telephones, unavoidable circumstances