Autonomous society for meat, poultry processing clearedDecember 26th, 2008 - 5:39 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 26 (IANS) The cabinet Friday sanctioned Rs.146.4 million (Rs.14.64 crore) for setting up an autonomous society over a period of three years to upgrade the meat and poultry processing industry.Headquartered in Delhi, the proposed Meat and Poultry Processing Board will initially be supported by the government, and subsequently managed by the industry.
The board will help the meat processing industry set up new abattoirs and modernise existing units by providing technical consultancy for production of hygienic meat and meat products.
The board will also help the industry raise domestic standards to internationally accepted norms, develop uniform and effective meat quality-testing systems in the country, utilise slaughterhouse wastes to prepare by-products with value addition, and address environmental pollution issues.
- New meat and poultry processing board launched - Feb 19, 2009
- Time for pink revolution in meat and poultry processing: Sahai - Nov 04, 2009
- First exhibition-cum-training on meat and poultry to begin in Delhi from Nov 5 - Oct 23, 2009
- Government to treble food processing sector to reduce wastage - Sep 22, 2010
- Delhi's abattoir shut amid protests - Oct 22, 2009
- Karnataka gets Rs.1.10-lakh crore investments in agri-business - Dec 02, 2011
- Govt. advocates stringent punishment to food adulterators: Sahay - Nov 03, 2010
- India's plastics industry to grow to Rs.1,000 bn in 2012 - Sep 12, 2011
- Government planning national fisheries, soya, guar gum boards - Jul 02, 2010
- Amrit Group to enter processed chicken market in March - Feb 18, 2010
- India's defence budget: absence of strategic vision (Comment) - Mar 20, 2012
- Vietnam shuts down dog meat shops - Jul 13, 2010
- Delhi meat traders agree to shift to Ghazipur abbatoir - Nov 10, 2009
- Mayor to assess if Delhi's new slaughterhouse hygienic - Oct 29, 2009
- National meat and poultry processing board launched - Feb 19, 2009