Auto lifters gang busted in NoidaMay 12th, 2009 - 9:50 pm ICT by IANS
Noida, May 12 (IANS) The Noida Police Tuesday claimed to have busted a major auto-lifting gang with the arrest of 10 people and the recovery of three cars.
A joint team of different police stations here arrested the 10 from various areas.
The men are said to have been behind at least 150 different cases of snatchings, thefts and robberies.
The police recovered three cars, a laptop, 26 mobile phones, five wrist watches, a gold ring, two gold chains, four knives and Rs.2,600 cash from them.
“The men were active in Noida and surrounding areas of the National Capital Region. We had initially arrested some persons and they led us to more arrests. This was an organized gang involved in car lifting,” said Senior Superintendent of Police Naveen Arora.
“Some more members of the gang are absconding and we are trying to arrest them too,” he said.
- Delhi duo snatched chains on stolen bikes, nabbed - Feb 09, 2011
- Robbery gang busted in Chandigarh - Apr 11, 2011
- Gang of five nabbed for car thefts in Delhi - Apr 15, 2011
- Four women held for chain snatching in Delhi - Jul 28, 2012
- Two held for vehicle thefts, snatchings - Jun 02, 2010
- Doctor robbed of car, cash in Greater Noida - Jan 06, 2012
- Four held for over 300 robberies - Aug 15, 2010
- Gang of robbers busted in Delhi - May 22, 2010
- 3 held for trying to leak SBI exam paper (Lead) - May 28, 2012
- Thirst for lavish life turned two teens to crime - Jan 10, 2011
- Haryana police busts gang of highway robbers - May 05, 2012
- Three Delhi cops suspended for negligence - Apr 25, 2012
- British mission staffer's son, 6 others held for robbery - Jan 22, 2011
- Two auto-lifters held in Delhi - Jan 28, 2011
- Seven of bikers gang arrested - Feb 24, 2010