Auto driver who set cop ablaze arrestedOctober 28th, 2010 - 2:41 pm ICT by IANS
Thane, Oct 28 (IANS) An auto-rickshaw driver who set ablaze a traffic constable in Maharashtra’s Thane district was arrested Thursday, police said.
“We laid a trap. We will produce him in the court and ask for police custody for further questioning,” Deputy Superintendent of Police Deepak Devraj said.
Late Wednesday, traffic constable Anil Aytodekar, 40, fined auto driver Mahendra Kevat for not possessing documents of his vehicle. An hour later, Kevat returned to the spot, poured petrol over him and set him ablaze.
Other auto-rickshaw drivers and passers-by managed to save the policeman, but by then he suffered more than 50 percent burns on his back, neck and head. He has been hospitalized.
- Auto-rickshaw driver sets traffic policeman on fire in Thane - Oct 28, 2010
- Traffic cop set ablaze by autorickshaw driver dies (Lead) - Nov 03, 2010
- Traffic cop set ablaze by autorickshaw driver dies - Nov 03, 2010
- 30-year-old auto rickshaws banned in Pakistani city - Jul 22, 2012
- Serial killer arrested in Ahmedabad - Mar 05, 2011
- Bengal comes out with directives for cabs, auto rickshaws - Aug 22, 2012
- Kidnapping bid foiled - Sep 23, 2011
- Overspeeding truck kills one, injures two in Delhi - Mar 11, 2012
- Corruption a gigantic problem: Court - Jun 10, 2012
- I'm traumatised after lathicharge: Choreographer Salman - Sep 11, 2012
- Delhi needs more autos, says police official - Apr 25, 2011
- Truck rams 10 vehicles, eight people killed - Jan 29, 2011
- Commuting by CNG driven autos, taxis to cost dearly in Mumbai - Jun 22, 2010
- Indefinite auto strike in Delhi from Wednesday - May 17, 2011
- Four dead in freak multi-vehicle accident (Lead) - Aug 06, 2011