Australian found dead in Patna guest houseMay 31st, 2009 - 10:17 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, May 31 (IANS) An Australian tourist was Sunday found dead in a guest house in the Bihar capital, police said.
Michael David, in his mid 40s, was found dead under mysterious circumstances by the police in the guest house in Khagaul area.
“Michael David’s body was recovered by police. We are awaiting the postmortem report to ascertain the cause of his death,” Patna Senior Superintendent of Police R. Malar Vijhi said, adding his passport, ATM card and some money were also recovered from the room.
Police officials of Khagaul police station said David’s death came to light Sunday afternoon when David did not respond to repeated knocks on his door by the guest house staff, who then altered the police. The police broke open the door to find him lying dead.
David, a resident of Melbourne, had arrived in India May 16. He had been staying in the guest house since May 29.
Police have informed the Australian High Commission about the incident.
- Mother arrested for honour killing in Patna - Apr 22, 2012
- Penury drove Australian to kill himself in Patna - Jul 16, 2009
- Youth commits suicide over family dispute - Jan 21, 2011
- Himachal bureaucrat's son found dead in Chandigarh - Nov 23, 2011
- Mother kills daughter, commits suicide - Jul 04, 2011
- Two Delhi businessman found dead in car - Oct 10, 2011
- Another Kolkata man dies near burnt laptop - Feb 05, 2012
- CRPF woman constable kills herself - May 13, 2012
- Student leader accused of professor's murder found dead - Nov 20, 2011
- Delhi-based Jet Airways pilot commits suicide - Apr 28, 2012
- Couple found dead at home - Jan 27, 2012
- Management student commits suicide - Aug 30, 2010
- Indian-origin Norway resident found dead in Delhi - Apr 13, 2012
- Three burnt to death in Noida - Jan 07, 2012
- Robbers take away ATM - May 14, 2011