Australia will whitewash India, says McGrathJanuary 2nd, 2012 - 4:42 pm ICT by IANS
Sydney, Jan 2 (IANS) Fast bowling great Glenn McGrath has predicted that Australia will beat India 4-0 in the ongoing four-match series here Down Under.
Australia thrashed India by 122 runs at Melbourne in the Boxing Day Test and the second Test starts here Tuesday.
“Yesterday I said three-nil but I stuffed up because I thought there was only three Tests, but definitely four-nil,” McGrath was quoted as saying by Sydney Morning Herald Monday.
The 41-year-old, who was at the Sydney Cricket Ground at the launch of the McGrath Foundation’s Pink Test, said the Australian team was on the way back to reasserting themselves as the best team in Test cricket.
“The way the guys have played at the moment I’ve been impressed. I think a team really builds itself around a bowling attack and you look at the bowling attack the team has at the moment and that will give the rest of the guys a lot of confidence.
“I’m very confident, as confident as I’ve been in years that this team is something special and I’m expecting big things from them,” he said.
- McGrath warns India against Australian quicks; backs Ponting - Dec 20, 2011
- McGrath rules out Oz bowling coach job - Jan 01, 2011
- McGrath backs Ponting to lead Australia to an Ashes victory - Nov 07, 2010
- McGrath rules out replacing Cooley as Australia's bowling coach - Jan 03, 2011
- Australian bowlers need to be consistent: McGrath - Jan 04, 2011
- Johannesburg's Wanderers Test to go pink - Nov 17, 2011
- McGrath ready to mentor Australian fast bowlers - Dec 18, 2011
- After turning Sydney Test pink, McGrath turns to Lord's - Jan 03, 2011
- McGrath calls for 'chin music' against Strauss to derail England's Ashes campaign - Nov 17, 2010
- Clarke praises injury-prone Harris - Jan 12, 2012
- Fiery pacer Brett Lee retires from international cricket - Jul 13, 2012
- Fit again Bollinger hopes for Test recall - Aug 16, 2011
- Troy Cooley's Test exit has Oz spearhead Johnson worried - Oct 23, 2010
- McGrath tips Australia to win Ashes series 5-0 - Nov 03, 2010
- Australia will bounce back and win Ashes, says McGrath - Nov 07, 2010
Tags: australia, bowling, boxing day, boxing day test, confidence, glenn mcgrath, India, launch, match, melbourne, morning herald, pink test, second test, sydney cricket ground, sydney morning herald, test cricket, whitewash