Australia lose to Pakistan in dramatic finishSeptember 8th, 2012 - 2:24 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, Sep 8 (IANS) Australia lost the second T20 cricket match against Pakistan by six wickets after the game went down to the wire.
The match finished with a dramatic super over to decide the final result, handing the hosts the T20 title in the process with a 2-0 lead in the three game series here Friday.
Batting first, Pakistan made 151/4 before Australia matched the total for the loss of eight wickets, leaving it to super over to decide the result.
Australia made 11/1 in their single over before Pakistan chased down the target off the final delivery.
Captain George Bailey top-scored with 42, Shane Watson hit 33 and David Warner made 31. Pat Cummins, Mitch Starc, Shane Watson and Dan Christian all took one wicket each for Australia.
Brief scores: Pakistan 151/4 (Hafeez 45, Jamshed 45) beat Australia 151/8 (Bailey 42; Ajmal 2-20) through super over.
- Australia beat Pakistan by 94 runs, lose series 1-2 - Sep 11, 2012
- World T20: Australia axe Pattinson from preliminary squad - Jul 18, 2012
- Australia win ODI series 2-1 against Pakistan - Sep 04, 2012
- Australia beat Pakistan by four wickets in first ODI - Aug 29, 2012
- Maxwell gets Australian team call-up - Jul 16, 2012
- Pakistan beat Australia by seven wickets - Sep 01, 2012
- CL T20 scoreboard: T&T; vs New South Wales - Sep 28, 2011
- Starc,Pattinson likely to play India in Boxing Day Test - Dec 07, 2011
- CL T20 Scoreboard: Super Kings vs Blues - Oct 05, 2011
- Ponting axed from Australia's ODI squad, Watson returns - Feb 20, 2012
Tags: australia, captain george, cricket match, cummins, david warner, delivery captain, eight wickets, final result, game series, george bailey, hosts, pakistan, shane watson, starc, t20, target, wicket