Australia ‘A’ 3/65 against India ‘A’ on day oneSeptember 9th, 2008 - 9:27 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Sep 9 (IANS) India A reduced Australia A to 65 for three in a truncated first day’s play in the second three-day cricket Test here.Play started five hours late due to a wet outfield and only three hours were possible at the Rajiv Gandhi international stadium here.
Electing to take first strike, Australian captain Simon Katich (32) and Phillip Hughes batted cautiously for the first few overs. Hughes though fell in the seventh over as Dhawal Kulkarni’s (2-22) out swinger kissed his bat and flew straight to Mohammad Kaif in second slip.
Katich played some delectable shots off his legs as Kulkarni drifted down the leg side.
Adam Voges (11) looked in control as he played the seamers with ease. But Kulkarni got his second wicket when Voges edged one behind the stumps to Parthiv Patel.
Uttar Pradesh seamer Sudip Tyagi (1-31) got the important wicket of Katich, who slashed a delivery but found Mohnish Parmar at gully taking a sharp catch.
Marcus North (14) and George Bailey (9) were at the crease when bad light forced early stumps.
The first match between the two teams ended in a draw.
- Ranji Trophy quarters: Haryana's Harshal Patel takes eight wickets - Jan 02, 2012
- Ranji Trophy: Karnataka, Punjab win; Mukund strikes double ton - Nov 12, 2011
- Super Kings dump Mumbai Indians (Lead) - May 24, 2012
- Mishra's 4/49 puts Delhi in control (Ranji Trophy Roundup) - Nov 12, 2010
- Duleep Trophy semi-final: Central batsmen make merry - Feb 06, 2012
- Double century by Niraj Patel; tons by Tanmay, Mukund, Rayudu - Nov 11, 2011
- Ranji Trophy: Ravindra Jadeja strikes triple ton against Orissa - Nov 04, 2011
- India lose openers early, trail Australia by 234 (Second Lead) - Dec 27, 2011
- Tendulkar, Dravid hit half-centuries to lift India (Roundup) - Dec 27, 2011
- Windies go down fighting as series ends tied - Mar 26, 2012
- India tottering at 57/4 chasing 220-run target - Jun 12, 2012
- Pitching the ball up was the key for Broad - Jul 24, 2011
- Zaheer, Ashwin restrict Australia to 333 in first innings (Lead) - Dec 27, 2011
- Rajasthan in driver's seat in Ranji Trophy final - Jan 22, 2012
- Ranji Trophy: Kanitkar's ton against Mumbai; Baroda dismiss MP for 63 - Nov 10, 2011