Aussies are sore losers, says AkramNovember 15th, 2008 - 6:13 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 15 (IANS) Former Pakistan captain Wasin Akram has taken strong objection to Australian opener Matthew Hayden criticising India as a “third-world country”.Akram felt that Hayden’s comments were a result of Aussies’ old habit of bad-mouthing their opponents whenever they lose.
“The thing about the Aussies is that they are sore losers. They get personal when they get beaten. It is all a matter of sour grapes and after going home, they’ve started calling India a third-world country,” Akram was quoted as saying by Mobile ESPN.
Hayden complained it was the host batsmen’s reluctance to face problems with people around the sight screen that led to the Aussies falling behind the over rate.
The comments came at a time when several top Australian cricketers, including Hayden, turned to India to make a quick buck from the cash-rich Indian Premier league (IPL).
“India is a superpower now; it is a hundred years ahead of Australia, which is no more than a village, as compared to India. You don’t blame sight screens for poor over rates. Even Allan Border was critical of Australian tactics on the pitch,” Akram said.
- India will find it tough in first two Tests: Akram - Dec 25, 2011
- Akram blames India bowlers for pathetic performance - Aug 14, 2011
- Jadeja putting pressure on Pathan: Akram - Oct 22, 2011
- Replace Harbhajan with Mishra: Akram - Jul 27, 2011
- Kohli, Jadeja under pressure to perform: Akram - Apr 04, 2012
- Not fair to judge Dhoni after two defeats, says Akram - Aug 03, 2011
- Sehwag will inject some life in Indian team: Akram - Jan 23, 2012
- West Indies cricket stands to lose by not picking Gayle: Akram - Jun 19, 2011
- ESPN STAR Sports to telecast live India's WC preparatory matches against Australia, Kiwis - Feb 11, 2011
- Former conditioner says retired Hayden fit for T20 World Cup - Dec 11, 2011
- Sehwag's absence in first two Tests will benefit England: Akram - Jul 07, 2011
- Kirsten's exit will a big loss for India: Akram - Jan 25, 2011
- Wasim Akram lashes out at Shahid Afridi - Sep 23, 2011
- Gilchrist accuses a Chargers official of badmouthing him - Apr 17, 2011
- KKR is a balanced side, will do well: Akram - Apr 03, 2012