Auditor slams Lok Nayak Hospital for wastageSeptember 5th, 2011 - 10:07 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 5 (IANS) Delhi government’s Lok Nayak hospital carried out “wasteful expenditure” totalling Rs.14.88 lakh, apart from Rs.75 lakh lost due to unused surgical instruments, according to the comptroller and auditor general (CAG) report tabled in the Delhi assembly Friday.
“Scrutiny of records revealed that the hospital had purchased 27,500 non-consumable surgical instruments for different departments costing Rs.1.22 crore in March 2001. After nine years, 28 to 84 percent of the instruments costing Rs 75 lakh were unused,” said the report for the year ending March 2010.
“Had the hospital assessed its requirements realistically, these instruments would not have been lying idle and funds could have been made available to other deserving areas,” the report said.
The central Delhi hospital functions as a tertiary referral centre with over 1,000 commissioned beds.
“(Further), excess purchase of stents by the hospital resulted in wasteful expenditure of Rs.14.88 lakh,” the report said.
The CAG report added the hospital could not install four modular operation theatres costing Rs.57.23 lakh even two years after receipt.
- Delhi PWD slammed for wasteful expenditure on hospital - Sep 05, 2011
- CWG infrastructure: The flip side (To go with 'Zipping through flyovers, Metro') - Sep 30, 2011
- Money wasted on potted plants - Aug 05, 2011
- Questions posed by CAG over procurement of sports equipment for CWG - Aug 05, 2011
- Low-floor buses bought at high cost: CAG - Aug 05, 2011
- Free-medicines-for-all programme launch in October - Jun 23, 2012
- From streetscaping to lights - CAG slams Delhi government - Aug 05, 2011
- Irregularities in sports equipment contracts: CWG - Aug 05, 2011
- Does CAG report indict Sheila Dikshit? - Aug 05, 2011
- CWG were a success despite hurdles: Dikshit - Aug 15, 2011
- Dikshit nailed by CAG, opposition demands resignation (Third Lead) - Aug 05, 2011
- Roll back service tax on AC hospitals: FICCI - Mar 06, 2011
- A lookback at CWG bungling - Jan 19, 2012
- CAG reports creating suspicion, distrust: Assocham - Aug 28, 2012
- PMO, Delhi CM indicted for Commonwealth Games flaws (Roundup) - Aug 05, 2011
Tags: beds, central delhi, comptroller, crore, delhi government, hospital functions, lakh, lok, nayak, New Delhi, nine years, operation theatres, receipt, scrutiny, stents, surgical instruments, tertiary referral centre, wastage, wasteful expenditure, year ending march