ATS officials should undergo narco-tests: MalhotraNovember 24th, 2008 - 5:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 24 (IANS) Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) chief ministerial candidate for the Delhi assembly polls V.K. Malhotra Monday demanded that the Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) of the Mumbai Police investigating the Malegaon bomb blasts should also undergo narco-analysis tests.”Hindu bashing is Congress’s way. ATS keeps on leaking information every now and then. All the ATS officials should also undergo narco tests,” Malhotra told reporters at a press conference here.
Media reports had recently quoted ATS sources as alleging that army officer Lt Col Prasad Purohit disclosed during interrogation that Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) general secretary Pravin Togadia was involved in the funding of Abhinav Bharat.
Abhinav Bharat is the radical Hindu outfit at the centre of the probe into the Sep 29 Malegaon blasts.
“By narco tests of ATS officers, it would become clear who is behind them and on whose directions they are working,” Malhotra stated.
“The whole world is saying that Pakistan and Bangladesh are the epicentre of terrorism. But by Hindu bashing, they are trying to divert attention,” Malhotra further said.
- Sadhvi, five other Malegaon accused in judicial custody till Dec 3 (Roundup, combining different series) - Nov 24, 2008
- Malegaon blast: NIA to interrogate accused army officer - Jul 19, 2011
- Hindu terrorism phrase coined by vested interests: VHP - Dec 17, 2010
- CBI-ATS team explores Abhinav Bharat's role in Ajmer blast - Oct 23, 2009
- VHP threatens retaliation if Gita is banned - Dec 20, 2011
- Malegaon blast: Chargesheet against Pravin Mutalik - Apr 22, 2011
- BJP trying to communalise terrorism: Congress - Nov 24, 2008
- Malegaon blast accused not part of RSS: Ram Madhav - Feb 11, 2011
- Rajasthan ATS granted permission for narco test on Ajmer blast suspect - May 03, 2010
- Another key accused in 2008 Malegaon blast held (Lead) - Feb 01, 2011
- VHP meet in Goa to discuss 'saffron terror' - Dec 17, 2010
- Pay honorarium to priests, not just imams: VHP to Mamata - Apr 20, 2012
- Ajmer blast accused petition accepted, Rajasthan Government to file reply - May 07, 2010
- VHP sees Sonia conspiracy, Togadia denies terror funding (Lead) - Nov 24, 2008
- Christian council condemns Togadia hate speech - Nov 09, 2011