ATM with Rs.30 lakh destroyed in fireAugust 8th, 2012 - 10:22 am ICT by IANS
Agra, Aug 8 (IANS) A State Bank of India ATM loaded with Rs.30 lakh in cash was destroyed after it caught fire in a Uttar Pradesh town Tuesday night, police said.
It took the fire brigade more than an hour to douse the flames in Etmadpur, a town 20 km from here.
The security guard at the ATM told the police that the fire started from the air-conditioner.
Ram Kishore, manager of the bank, told the police said Rs.30 lakh had been put into the automated teller machine (ATM) an hour before the incident.
The machine had been repaired after being out of order for more than a week.
- ATM with Rs.10 lakh gutted in Ghaziabad - May 17, 2012
- ATM frauds on the rise in Chandigarh - Nov 24, 2010
- Two factories gutted, no casualties - Feb 15, 2011
- Over 50 tenders used to douse Agra fire - Apr 24, 2011
- Fire in central Delhi building, no casualty (Second Lead) - May 23, 2012
- ATM catches fire, Rs.3 lakh burnt - Jul 30, 2010
- ATM bombings continue unabated in South Africa - Jun 06, 2012
- Two treated in Agra after gas leak - Nov 15, 2011
- ATM catches fire in Noida, cash safe - Mar 26, 2010
- Cash firm staffer held for stealing from ATMs - Sep 01, 2011
- ATM thieves arrested - Aug 19, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh workshop gutted - Apr 29, 2011
- Robbers break ATM, loot Rs.3.9 lakhs - Jan 21, 2010
- Fire hits bank in Agra - May 10, 2011
- Technician killed in compressor blast - Apr 06, 2011