ATM thieves arrestedAugust 19th, 2011 - 1:49 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 19 (IANS) Three people were arrested for allegedly stealing over Rs.1 crore from various ATMs of a private bank across the national capital region, police said Thursday, adding that Rs.92.5 lakh was recovered from them.
The accused - identified as Deepak Rana, 28, Arvinder Singh, 28, and Bablu Kumar, 25 — were arrested Tuesday near the Inter-State Bus Terminal (ISBT) in north Delhi.
“Deepak Rana, who was the custodian of 14 ATM machines of Kotak Mahindra Bank, had the access codes of the safes of all these ATM machines since he was doing the job of cash replenishment,” said a police official
“Aide by two friends, Rana stole cash to the tune of Rs. 1,14,68,900 from 13 out of the 14 ATM machines of Kotak Mahindra Bank which were being taken care of by him July 30 and went underground,” the official
The police have recovered Rs.92,50,700 cash and household items worth more than Rs.1 lakh from the three.
- Cash firm staffer held for stealing from ATMs - Sep 01, 2011
- Over Rs.1 crore stolen from Axis Bank ATMs in Allahabad - Jul 15, 2012
- Two injured in three robberies in capital - Jan 14, 2011
- ATM with Rs.10 lakh gutted in Ghaziabad - May 17, 2012
- Bank ATM tampered, Rs.64 lakh stolen - Dec 05, 2010
- Bank robbery: Rs.63.5 lakh seized in Uttar Pradesh (Lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- Cash van robbery: Driver, gunman held, Rs.67.5 lakh still missing - Feb 03, 2011
- 'Bollywood inspired' student held for forgery - Mar 06, 2011
- Notorious criminals arrested in Ghaziabad - Jun 17, 2012
- ATM with Rs.30 lakh destroyed in fire - Aug 08, 2012
- ATM-robbing teenager rearrested - Jun 25, 2011
- ATM card racket busted - Jan 13, 2012
- ATM trickster arrested - Feb 01, 2011
- Cash van robbery: Rs.63.5 lakh recovered from Uttar Pradesh - Feb 05, 2011
- Three caught for cheating ATM users - Apr 25, 2011
Tags: access codes, atm machines, atm thieves, bablu, bus terminal, cash replenishment, crore, custodian, household items, inter state, isbt, kotak mahindra bank, lakh, north delhi, police official, private bank, rana, rs 1, safes, two friends