ATM catches fire, Rs.3 lakh burntJuly 30th, 2010 - 3:44 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, July 30 (IANS) Currency notes worth Rs.3 lakh were reduced to ashes after an ATM of a public sector bank caught fire in Uttar Pradesh’s Kanpur district Friday, police said.
The Bank of Baroda ATM installed in the Kaushalpuri area was completely destroyed in the fire.
“Though the fire officials managed to control the fire from spreading to other establishments in the vicinity of the ATM, this could not prevent the machine from being completely destroyed,” police inspector A.N. Rai told reporters in Kanpur, some 80 km from here.
“Even as the exact cause behind the fire is yet to be ascertained, it appears a short-circuit inside the ATM cabin could be the possible reason behind the accident,” he added.
According to the police, the fire was spotted by a guard deployed for the security of the machine.
No one was present inside the ATM when the fire broke out.
- SBI ATM catches fire in Kanpur, cash safe - Aug 27, 2010
- Major fire breaks out in bank, no casualty - Jun 24, 2011
- Robbers take away ATM - May 14, 2011
- Market blaze destroys goods worth lakhs of rupees - Mar 14, 2011
- Major fire in Kanpur warehouse, no casualty - Oct 07, 2010
- Major fire in co-operative office, no casualty - Apr 12, 2011
- Major fire in textile factory, no casualty - Apr 08, 2011
- Fire in Uttar Pradesh plastic scrapyard, no casualties - Dec 06, 2010
- Motorbike showroom gutted in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 18, 2011
- Major fire in chemical factory, no casualties - Apr 20, 2011
- Leather goods warehouse gutted, no casualty - Nov 11, 2010
- Goods destroyed as fire engulfs warehouse - Dec 04, 2010
- Major fire in paper factory, no casualties - Apr 26, 2011
- Firefighter hurt while battling Mathura blaze - Dec 18, 2010
- Massive fire in plywood factory, no casualty - Nov 20, 2010