At least two dead in Turkish munitions factory blastAugust 29th, 2008 - 9:09 pm ICT by IANS
Ankara, Aug 29 (DPA) At least two people were killed and 16 injured in an explosion Friday afternoon at a munitions factory in the central Anatolian town of Kirrikkale, Turkish media reported.NTV news channel reported that the two dead were workers at the factory and that one of the casualties was being treated in hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Ambulances and fire engines rushed to the scene of the explosion, which also caused fires to break out.
The explosion occurred at around 2:55 p.m. and it was not clear what caused the blast at the factory, which supplies the Turkish military with various types of ammunition.
NTV reported that there have been five incidents of large explosions at the factory since 1986.
- Suspected car bomb kills 3 in Turkish capital - Sep 20, 2011
- Four killed in factory explosion in Turkey - Feb 03, 2011
- Huge blast rocks Turkish munitions factory - Jun 09, 2009
- Massive fire in Dubai perfume factory - Aug 23, 2012
- Yemen weapons factory blast toll climbs to 150 - Mar 30, 2011
- Blast in Turkey leather factory - Oct 04, 2010
- Major fire at Delhi factory - May 12, 2011
- Blaze at fireworks factory in southern India kills 38, injures 60 - Sep 06, 2012
- Soldier dies in Pakistan ammunition depot blasts (Second Lead) - Jul 11, 2011
- 30 dead as flames engulf firecracker factory (Third Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Blast at southwest China fireworks factory kills at least six - Aug 22, 2010
- Turkey closes borders with Syria - Jul 25, 2012
- Four killed in Turkish military helicopter crash - Jul 23, 2012
- Blast near Delhi High Court, no casualties (Lead) - May 25, 2011
- Huge explosion rocks power plant in US - Feb 08, 2010