At least 23 killed Colombia bus accidentJuly 23rd, 2008 - 9:43 am ICT by IANS
Bogota, July 23 (IANS) At least 23 people have been killed and 21 injured when a bus they were travelling in slid into a 500-metre deep ravine in southwestern Colombia, EFE news agency reported Wednesday citing the police. The accident occurred Tuesday on the highway connecting the cities of Pasto and Puerto Asis in Narino province bordernig Ecuador, provincial highway police chief General Luis Alberto Moore said.
Among the dead were two children, Moore said and added that nine of the injured were in serious condition.
Poor weather and low visibility were cited as factors in the accident on the mountain road, which has earned the nickname “road of death” for the high number of accidents there.
- 5 shot dead during Colombian carnival - Feb 01, 2011
- Seven killed in Colombia accident - Jan 08, 2011
- Four dead in Colombia bus attack - Jun 21, 2012
- 21 killed in Colombia accident - Apr 06, 2010
- Eight killed in Colombia by armed group - Jun 27, 2011
- Salsa singer hurt in accident in Colombia - May 01, 2012
- Five shot dead in Colombian bar - Jul 02, 2012
- 10 members of Colombian soccer team injured in accident - Jan 31, 2011
- Bus plunges into ravine in southwest China, killing 15 - Mar 13, 2012
- 42 die in Morocco accident - Sep 04, 2012
- More than 20 killed in Colombia bus crash - Feb 04, 2009
- 30 die in Ecuador bus accident - Dec 25, 2010
- Five killed in China road accident - Aug 29, 2012
- 17 dead, 40 hurt in Ecuador accident - Apr 14, 2011
- FARC rebels kill 18 in Colombia - Feb 10, 2009