At least 10 killed in train-bus collisionFebruary 28th, 2009 - 8:52 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Feb 28 (IANS) At least 10 people were killed and 20 injured when a train hit a bus, carrying members of a marriage party, at an unmanned railway crossing in Uttar Pradesh Saturday evening, a police official said.
The passengers in the bus were returning from attending a marriage party.
The accident took place in the Ikram Nagar locality in Badaun district, over 250 km from Lucknow, additional superintendent of police Jagdish Singh told IANS.
The death toll is likely to go up as of the 20 injured, around six are in critical condition, Singh said. The injured were being treated at the district hospital in Badaun.
The Tanakpur-Kasganj passenger train hit the bus at a crossing between the Badaun and the Ghaatpuri railways stations, the police said.
- 12 injured as tree falls on moving train - Jul 12, 2011
- Major train accidents in the last six years - Jul 07, 2011
- 38 dead as train rams into bus in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 07, 2011
- Four children killed as school bus-train collide - Jul 30, 2012
- Train derails in Uttar Pradesh, driver critical (Lead) - Sep 24, 2010
- Three killed as bus hit by train - Apr 04, 2010
- One killed as train hits jeep in Odisha - Nov 08, 2011
- Five killed in train-tractor trolley mishap - May 27, 2011
- Goods train derails in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 09, 2010
- Chronology of major Indian train accidents since 2000 - Jul 30, 2012
- Seven killed in two accidents in Bangladesh - Jul 17, 2011
- 15 dead as train rams into van in UP - Mar 20, 2012
- Nearly 50 percent of railway level crossings unmanned - Jul 07, 2011
- Train hits four at unmanned crossing, two killed - Oct 07, 2011
- 34 killed in Uttar Pradesh accident (Lead) - Dec 26, 2010