Astrologer who failed to foresee his own futureSeptember 19th, 2011 - 12:46 am ICT by IANS
Siliguri (West Bengal), Sep 18 (IANS) For about quarter of a century, Ashok Kumar Sharma has been making a living by foretelling the fortune of people. But now hospitalised with quake injury, the 40 plus man from Rajasthan admits he had no inkling of what lay in store for him Sunday evening.
Sharma had been camping in a hotel of this north Bengal town over the last 15 days, telling his clients about their future from their horoscopes. At times he would also put his hand on their forehead and warn them of coming problems.
The astrologer was doing well, but the Sunday turned things topsy turvy.
“No I did not have any intuition. It came like a bolt from the blue,” Sharma concedes when asked how he failed to foresee his fate.
“I was watching television at my hotel room when I found the fan shaking violently. The furniture, bed and the windows were all shaking. For some time I thought the hotel will collapse.
“I tried to rush out. I did not even bother to take my slippers, so desperate was I to save my life.
“Then something happened. Either I fell or something fell on me. When I woke up I found myself in the hospital bed writhing in pain with injuries in both legs,” he said.
But would he again go back to his profession? “Of course, that is my bread and butter”.
And can he predict whether there will be more quakes here? For a moment he seemed speechless. But then he managed to gather his composure.
“I can’t say it right now. I need to do lot of calculations”.
- 'Going to a good astrologer is like going to a doctor' - Feb 10, 2010
- Win showed the character of the team: Smith - Nov 11, 2011
- Astrologers say Mulayam is king, Bejan Daruwalla differs - Mar 05, 2012
- Tendulkar never scared me as much as Gilchrist, Lara: Shoaib Akhtar - Mar 21, 2011
- Socks turn shoes, shirts go topsy-turvy at VHIMW - Sep 03, 2011
- Farmer's wife treated for rare brain disease - Aug 09, 2011
- Ex bodyguard says he once found nude Britney pleasuring herself on bed - Sep 11, 2010
- `This was the huge quake we expected for years' - Mar 11, 2011
- Norway case rerun: Curbs on Indian couple meeting son in US - Sep 09, 2012
- Poll timing not good for nation's health: Astrologers - Mar 12, 2009
- Johnny Depp to earn $60 million for the 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5'? - Aug 22, 2012
- Bangladeshi diplomat confident about Teesta water pact - Dec 16, 2011
- New Zealand quake survivors feel lucky to be alive - Sep 04, 2010
- Earthquake cures Robert Valderzak deafness - Aug 31, 2011
- Imran to launch video travelogue for 'Ek Main Aur...' (With Image) - Jan 24, 2012
Tags: ashok kumar, astrologer, bolt, bread and butter, composure, fate, forehead, furniture bed, horoscopes, hotel room, inkling, intuition, kumar sharma, north bengal, quake, quakes, slippers, sunday evening, watching television, west bengal