Astonfield to set up 200 MW project in GujaratJanuary 13th, 2009 - 2:25 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, Jan 13 (IANS) Astonfield Renewable Resources Ltd (ARRL) will execute a mega 200 MW solar photovoltaic (PV) project across Gujarat. The venture is touted as the largest renewable energy project in India. “Gujarat is our top priority,” said Ravinder Raina, the company’s new president of Indian operations, here Tuesday. The company signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for the project with the Gujarat government Monday.
Raina said the company’s agenda also included educating the Indian masses about renewable energy, and what it could mean for economic growth, pollution control, as well as electrification of more remote areas.
With the addition of the 200 MW solar PV venture in Gujarat, ARRL currently has over 300 MWs in its project portfolio.
In addition to solar PV projects, ARRL is also developing renewable energy plants using biomass and municipal solid waste-to-energy technologies. It has project allotments and/or active business development operations in eight different states in India.
“ARRL is greatly enthused with such a significant allotment in Gujarat. We look to Gujarat as a leader and steadfast partner in promoting the renewable energy story in India,” said Sourabh Sen, Co-Chairman, Astonfield Renewable Resources Ltd.
After India, the group is looking at similar projects in the Middle East and African countries such as Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda over the next three to four years.
- Astonfield-Areva to develop 100 MW biomass assets in India - Jul 30, 2009
- Floating solar power plants to bridge energy deficit? - Nov 20, 2011
- IFC to take 15 percent stake in two SunEdison companies - May 10, 2012
- Abound Solar, Solarsis commission plant in Andhra - Jan 16, 2012
- US loans for Indian firms making solar facilities in Rajasthan - Jul 19, 2012
- Energy firm Soham raises Rs.125 crore from SBI fund - Nov 07, 2011
- SCHOTT to supply 20 MW solar power modules to Indian firm - Feb 08, 2011
- India's solar mission visionary: Australian report - Jun 26, 2011
- India looking to Germany for assistance in renewable energy technologies - May 07, 2010
- Puerto Rico to have Caribbean's largest solar project - Oct 07, 2011
- India all set to generate 1000 MW solar power by 2013 with US technology - Jun 11, 2010
- US firm to invest $2 bn in India's renewable power sector - Jul 24, 2009
- Tata Power to buy remaining 51 percent stake in Tata BP Solar - Dec 27, 2011
- CSE alleges wrongdoing in solar mission, firm denies charges - Feb 01, 2012
- US to fund feasibility studies in India's energy sector - Jul 19, 2011