Aston Martin planning world’s most expensive carAugust 28th, 2008 - 11:07 am ICT by IANS
Gaydon (Britain) Aug 28 (DPA) Aston Martin has released scant details and sketches of its new super car codenamed One-77 that will sell for at least 1.3 million euros excluding tax ($1.95 million), making it the most expensive car on the market.Each of the 77 limited edition Aston Martins will be tailored to the individual buyer and the engineers and designers will work out the exact specifications with the future owner.
The car’s aluminium body will be handcrafted and the owner will even be able to choose their own exhaust note. The V12 engine has a top speed of 354 km/h accelerating from zero to 100 km/h in 3.5 seconds, producing around 700 hp.
Aston Martin has identified around 500 potential customers, offering to bring a demonstration model to wherever the customer wishes to see it - either at a reclusive villa, luxury hotel or yacht club.
The first cars are expected to be delivered to customers at the end of 2009.
- Niche super-car makers steal Geneva show - Mar 19, 2009
- Match Stats: Men's Australian Open Final - Jan 29, 2012
- Aston Martin launches dealership in India - Apr 15, 2011
- Now a super yacht that can fly four metres above water - Feb 11, 2011
- World's fastest solar car has power of household toaster! - Jan 07, 2011
- World's fastest solar car produces same power as toaster uses! - Jan 07, 2011
- Mercedes Benz releases SLS AMG with performance plus package - Oct 26, 2009
- Speeding Swedish drivers' fines to fund lottery for safe drivers! - Nov 29, 2010
- Match Stats: Men's Doubles Australian Open Final - Jan 28, 2012
- Maybach May Be Made By Aston Martin - Dec 24, 2010
- Aston Martins One-77 is now the World''s Most Expensive Car - Aug 10, 2008
- Land Rover introduces world's first iPad-equipped car - Feb 10, 2011
- Lara Bingle's stolen Aston Martin recovered - Jan 01, 2010
- Bugatti Veyron Driver Lets Supercar Loose On Autobahn - Feb 04, 2011
- Australian pays four million dollars to drive Aston Martin One-77 - May 04, 2009