Assistant drug controller arrested for briberyJune 22nd, 2012 - 11:43 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 22 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has arrested an assistant drug controller posted at the cargo complex of Mumbai international airport for accepting a bribe to issue a no-objection certificate for a consignment of medicines, an official said here Friday.
Dinesh Kumar Chauhan was Thursday arrested red-handed while demanding and accepting an amount of Rs.50,000 from an importer for issuing no objection certificate on a consignment of life saving drug imported from Sweden, an official said.
Along with Chauhan, the CBI’s Anti-Corruption Branch also arrested customs agent Moinuddin Khan, who had collected bribe on behalf of Chauhan.
The Mumbai and New Delhi residences of Chauhan were raided and Rs.20 lakh were recovered in cash, the official said, adding his bank accounts had heavy cash deposits amounting to Rs.30.50 lakh.
Over Rs.6 lakh was seized from Khan’s residence. Further investigations are on.
- Chargesheet against Maharashtra former postmaster general - Dec 31, 2010
- Chief post master general nabbed while taking Rs.2 crore bribe - Feb 25, 2010
- Three customs, port employees nabbed for accepting bribes - May 27, 2011
- Arrested tax official has assets worth crores - Sep 07, 2011
- Chandigarh official sent to judicial remand - Dec 02, 2010
- Two provident fund officials arrested for graft - Oct 05, 2011
- CBI arrests Punjab Police officer for graft (Lead) - Jul 24, 2011
- Bank of India official arrested for bribery - Jul 07, 2012
- Top Maharashtra-Goa postal official nabbed taking Rs.2 cr bribe (Third lead) - Feb 25, 2010
- Gold, silver brick seized from arrested tax official - Jul 16, 2011
- CBI nabs 4 customs officials for taking bribe - Jun 06, 2012
- Income Tax commissioner in Mumbai nabbed for graft - Jul 09, 2011
- CBI arrests two PNB officials accepting bribe - Jul 29, 2012
- Two revenue officials get two years jail for corruption - Feb 25, 2012
- CBI busts recruitment racket in ordnance factory - Dec 29, 2011
Tags: bank accounts, bribe, bribery, cargo complex, cash deposits, cbi, central bureau of investigation, consignment, corruption, customs agent, dinesh kumar, investigations, lakh, medicines, moinuddin, New Delhi, objection certificate, rs 50, rs 6, sweden