Assam celebrates Eid with fervourAugust 31st, 2011 - 4:57 pm ICT by IANS
Guwahati, Aug 31 (IANS) Eid-ul-Fitr was celebrated across Assam Wednesday with religious fervour and traditional pomp and gaiety.
The festival marked the end of the holy month of Ramzan with Muslims offering prayers at community fields.
Sweets were exchanged as both Muslims and Hindus greeted each other after the Eid prayers. Special prayers were held for peace and harmony at various community fields.
- Eid celebrated with prayers for peace, feasting (Roundup) - Aug 20, 2012
- Eid celebrated in Karnataka amid tight security - Aug 20, 2012
- President, prime minister greet nation on Eid (Lead) - Aug 30, 2011
- Eid-ul-Fitr celebrated with fervour in Lucknow - Aug 31, 2011
- Hindus join Muslims in celebrating Eid in Odisha - Aug 20, 2012
- Eid celebrated with traditional fervour in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 20, 2012
- Delhi celebrates Eid with feasting and fervour - Aug 20, 2012
- Eid celebrated in Meghalaya - Aug 31, 2011
- Gaiety marks Eid in Andhra Pradesh - Aug 31, 2011
- President, PM greet nation on Eid (Lead) - Aug 19, 2012
- Eid celebrated with traditional fervour in Lucknow - Sep 11, 2010
- Stray incident apart, Eid prayers offered peacefully in Kashmir - Aug 20, 2012
- President Mukherjee greets nation on Eid - Aug 19, 2012
- Muslims in Kerala celebrate Eid - Aug 31, 2011
- Peaceful Eid celebrations in Maharashtra - Aug 20, 2012