Assam blasts: PM announces ex-gratia of Rs.100,000October 30th, 2008 - 8:20 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 30 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Thursday announced ex-gratia amount of Rs.100,000 each for the families of those killed in the serial blasts in Assam.“While expressing grief over the loss of lives in the Assam bomb blasts, the Prime Minister has sanctioned ex-gratia from the Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund to the tune of Rs.1 lakh each to the next of kin of the persons deceased and Rs.50,000/- each to the persons seriously injured in bomb blast,” said a statement issued here.
A series of 11 bomb blasts rocked the north eastern state of Assam, killing at least 61 and injuring about 300.
Manmohan Singh is a Rajya Sabha M.P. from Assam.
- PM condoles Sivakasi fire victims - Sep 05, 2012
- PM mourns deaths in Kolkata fire, sanctions relief - Dec 09, 2011
- PM announces Rs.2 lakh for Assam boat accident victims - May 01, 2012
- PM announces Relief for Uttarakhand Flood Victims - Sep 21, 2010
- PM announces ex-gratia to flood victims - Oct 06, 2009
- Five killed in Punjab factory blast - Sep 12, 2012
- PM to visit Leh on Tuesday - Aug 15, 2010
- PM expresses grief over loss of lives in Leh flash floods - Aug 06, 2010
- Kashmir unrest: Omar Abdullah sanctions Rs 5 crore for 102 killed - Mar 15, 2011
- PM announces Rs.1 lakh for kin of Leh cloudburst victims (Lead) - Aug 06, 2010
- Assam boat tragedy victims' kin to get Rs.1.5 lakh each - May 01, 2012
- PM announces Rs.300 crore relief for Assam victims - Jul 28, 2012
- PM grieves loss of lives in train accident - May 28, 2010
- PM announces Rs.1 lakh for kin of Leh cloudburst victims - Aug 06, 2010
- PM sanctions Rs.2 lakh for quake victims - Sep 19, 2011