Assailants shoot at businessman’s driver, flee with Rs.600,000November 9th, 2009 - 7:05 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 9 (IANS) In a daring broad daylight robbery, four bike-borne assailants Monday opened fire at a businessman’s driver, who suffered six gun shots, in northwest Delhi and fled after snatching a bag containing Rs.600,000.
According to police, the incident occurred in Rana Pratap Bagh area of Model Town around 10 a.m.
Satya Prakash, a government contractor, was getting down from his Pajero car outside his office when the accused on two Pulsar motorbikes arrived there.
“Prakash entered into his office with one bag. When his driver Kailash got down from the car with the other bag containing Rs.600,000, the accused pounced on him. They tried to snatch the bag from him and fired seven-eight rounds at him,” a police officer said.
Kailash, 35, suffered six bullet injuries and fell down. He was later taken to Bara Hindu Rao Hospital where his condition is critical. The accused fled with the cash.
“I reached my office and four bike-borne assailants carrying guns fired at the driver blindly. My driver suffered bullet injuries,” Satya Prakash told reporters after the incident.
Finger-print and other forensic experts have lifted clues from the incident site.
“They fired at Kailash for protesting the snatching. We have registered a case and the matter is being investigated,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police (northwest Delhi) N.S. Bundela.
- Delhi brothers shot at by snatchers - Jun 18, 2012
- Two men on bike snatch Rs.1.5 lakh - Jul 05, 2011
- Businessman attacked in Delhi - Jun 20, 2011
- Jeweller shot at, looted - Feb 08, 2011
- Two injured in three robberies in capital - Jan 14, 2011
- Man resisting robbery bid shot - Jan 19, 2012
- Private firm manager shot dead in Delhi - Jul 25, 2012
- Delhi cop transferred for refusing to file complaint - Jan 16, 2011
- Man fired at after bid to snatch mother's gold chain - Nov 04, 2011
- Guard shoots men trying to steal gun - Jan 19, 2012
- Police probe Bihar legislator's role in murder - Jul 11, 2011
- Delhi cop suspended after vigilance report - Jan 18, 2011
- Bike-borne assailants attack scribe - Jun 07, 2011
- Businessman shot during snatching bid - Jun 30, 2011
- Firing in Delhi market, one killed (Lead) - Dec 19, 2009
Tags: assailants, broad daylight, businessman, commissioner of police, daylight robbery, deputy commissioner, finger print, forensic experts, government contractor, gun shots, hindu, model town, motorbikes, New Delhi, police officer, pounced, rana pratap bagh, rao, s driver, satya