Assailants rob retired principal’s house, 1 heldApril 23rd, 2012 - 9:09 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, April 23 (IANS) Five armed robbers broke into the house of a retired college principal in Indirapuram area here early Monday and decamped with cash and jewellery worth more than Rs.10 lakhs. Police arrested one of the miscreants and recovered the entire booty a few hours after the incident.
The five robbers belonging to a gang in Madhya Pradesh scaled the walls of the house of Dr. Sukhvir Singh, a retired principal of S.D. Post Graduate College here, and broke open the locked room of his son, who was in Pune, SSP Prashant Kumar said at a press conference.
They collected the jewellery and cash after bolting the rooms, where family members were sleeping, from outside. Later, they also thrashed Singh when he resisted the robbery attempt and tried to raise an alarm.
After the robbers left, Singh informed the police control room. The police, while conducting the search of vehicles in the wee hours, noticed a suspicious person. He tried to escape when asked for credentials, but nabbed, Kumar said, adding that police recovered the jewellery looted from Singh’s house.
During interrogation, his identity was revealed as Mithun, a resident of Haddi Mill police station area in Madhya Pradesh’s Guna district. He also disclosed the names of his other accomplices.
- Armed men loot Rs.18 lakh from house in Haryana - May 05, 2011
- Jewellery worth Rs.14.5 lakh stolen from Delhi house - Jan 26, 2011
- Robbers kill soldier, relative - May 24, 2012
- Jewellery shop looted in Ghaziabad - Feb 07, 2012
- Students arrested for killing old couple - Nov 08, 2011
- Muthoot robbery solved, six arrested (Lead) - Dec 02, 2010
- Noida house burgled, lakhs missing - Jul 13, 2011
- Home ministry employee's house looted in Loni - Dec 21, 2009
- Villagers lynch two dacoits - Jul 26, 2011
- Man arrested for killing legislator's wife - Aug 04, 2010
- West Delhi area rocked by four robberies in 90 minutes - Jan 10, 2011
- Eight held in Delhi, Ghaziabad for Rs.10 crore Chandigarh heist (Lead) - Jan 16, 2011
- Elderly woman killed by robbers - Dec 20, 2011
- After thefts, Ghaziabad area installs CCTVs - Jan 06, 2012
- Domestic help held for robbing employer - Mar 11, 2011
Tags: accomplices, armed robbers, assailants, college principal, graduate college, guna, interrogation, locked room, miscreants, mithun, police station, post graduate, prashant kumar, retired college, robbery attempt, s d post, ssp, sukhvir singh, suspicious person, wee hours