Aslam Sher Khan elected president of Olympian AssociationDecember 13th, 2011 - 10:01 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 13 (IANS) The Olympian Association of India has been formed here with hockey Olympian Aslam Sher Khan elected as president while Randhir Singh, secretary general of the Indian Olympic Association, will be the chief patron.
The first meeting of the association, formed Monday, was held Tuesday at the Olympic Bhawan here and the office bearers were elected.
Balbir Singh (senior) and Milkha Singh will be patrons of the association.
Khan said he will do his best for the welfare of the sportspersons of the country.
Gurbhachan Singh Randhawa (Athletics) was elected senior vice president, Harbinder Singh (Hockey), Balbir Singh (Hockey) and Gurbir Singh Sandhu (Shooting) as vice presidents, Ajit Pal Singh (Hockey) secretary and Sanjeeva Kumar Singh (Archery) joint secretary.
Other members of the association are Rupa Saini (Hockey), Manjit Dua (Table Tennis), Karnam Malleswari (Weightlifting), Leander Paes (Tennis), Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore (Shooting), Sushil Kumar (Wrestling), Vijender Singh (Boxing), Abhinav Bindra (Shooting), Ashwini Nachappa (Athletics), Jagbir Singh (Hockey), Subhash Verma (Wrestling), Shiva Keshvan (Luge-Winter Games), Sumangla (Archery), Charles Borromeo (Athletics), S.S. Hakim (Football) Ram Singh (Athletics), Capt. Srichand Ram (Athletics), Anwar Sultan (Shooting) and Kunju Rani (Weightlifting).
- Vijay, Yogeshwar honoured with Khel Ratna; 25 get Arjuna - Aug 29, 2012
- CWG stadium factfile (With Stadium story) - Jun 25, 2010
- Vijay, Yogeshwar awarded Khel Ratna; Yuvraj gets Arjuna (Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
- India's CWG Medal Tally - Oct 15, 2010
- 13 Olympics events will be played at Commonwealth Games - Aug 28, 2010
- Maken promises athletes all support for London Olympics - Mar 16, 2011
- President confers Narang with Khel Ratna, Arjuna for 19 athletes - Aug 29, 2011
- Two get Khel Ratna, 25 Arjuna Award - Aug 19, 2012
- 11 Commonwealth Games venues handed over to organising committee - Aug 06, 2010
- Sahara India renews sponsorship deal with Hockey India - Feb 08, 2012
- 19 Arjuna Awards to be conferred this year - Aug 18, 2011
- We are getting better at Olympics: IOA - Aug 12, 2012
- CWG: Bindra, Narang to lock horns in 10 m air rifles, 28 gold medals at stake - Oct 06, 2010
- CWG: 32 gold medals at stake, all eyes upon Sania, Narang - Oct 09, 2010
- Preparation of national teams for London Olympics gets under way - Mar 16, 2011
Tags: ajit, anwar, aslam, charles borromeo, chief patron, indian olympic association, leander paes, milkha singh, ram singh, randhir singh, rathore, senior vice president, sher khan, singh randhawa, singh sandhu, sushil kumar, table tennis, vice presidents, weightlifting, winter games