Asian newsagent killed in Bristol arson attackFebruary 18th, 2008 - 10:27 pm ICT by admin
London, Feb 18 (IANS) An Asian newsagent has been murdered in a suspected arson attack near the city of Bristol, police said Monday. Nasir Sayeed, 46, died Sunday when life-support was switched off after three heart attacks at Bristol Royal Infirmary. His 21-year-old daughter Nisha Nasir was said to be in critical condition.
Fire fighters rescued the duo from a blazing flat above the family shop in Knowle West area of Bristol Friday.
Police suspect that burglars torched the shop but locals said the family had long been abused, had windows broken and racist slurs daubed on their cars.
A 32-year-old local man is in custody but seven other people arrested Friday have now been released on bail pending further inquiries.
- Race attack alleged in Asian shopkeeper's death in Bristol - Feb 19, 2008
- London riots escalate to other cities in Britain (Lead) - Aug 09, 2011
- Bus crushes boy, mob torches vehicles - Aug 18, 2011
- Chinese man gets death for arson that killed 11 - Aug 20, 2012
- Man kills woman, lynched by mob - Oct 27, 2011
- Tension in Haryana village as arson victims' bodies cremated - Apr 23, 2010
- Riots erupt in London after fatal shooting (Lead) - Aug 07, 2011
- 71 nabbed for lynching 10 men - Aug 04, 2011
- Jack Tweed's new Essex bar torched by thugs - Oct 30, 2010
- Jewellery shop burgled in Tamil Nadu town - Feb 22, 2012
- Shops shut in violence-hit east Delhi area; situation under control (Second Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- Joey Barton helps catch burglar - Aug 16, 2011
- Eunuch held for killing live-in partner - May 14, 2011
- Fire destroys Shillong church, short circuit suspected - Jan 02, 2012
- Man broke into home to watch TV - Oct 31, 2011