Ashram deaths: Asaram Bapu’s son asked to appear before CIDAugust 11th, 2008 - 1:18 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, Aug 11 (IANS) The Criminal Investigation Department (CID) of the Gujarat government has summoned Asaram Bapu’s son, Narayan Sindhi, to appear before the investigating officer within two days in connection with the deaths of two students of of a school run by the Asaram Bapu trust here. Narayan, who stays at an ashram in Sabarkantha district, was informed through a fax message Sunday asking him to appear before the CID.
The CID summons follows frequent reports appearing in local dailies alleging Narayan Sindhi’s involvement in tantrik (occult) activities, though there has been no evidence connecting him to the deaths.
The mutilated bodies of the two boys, Dipesh and Abhishek, were found from the Sabarmati riverbed on July 5, two days after they mysteriously disappeared from the ashram.
Speculations of occult rituals are rife since the post-mortem examination report suggested that the internal organs of one of the boys was missing.
Parents of both boys have alleged that their sons had been killed in the ashram as part of some occult ritual and then the bodies dumped in the river bed.
Following public outcry and violent agitation the case was handed over to the CID.
- Asaram Bapu asked to appear before panel on ashram deaths - May 09, 2011
- Asaram school death report handed to court - Apr 07, 2010
- Case against seven Asaram Bapu workers over deaths - Nov 10, 2009
- Gujarat government gets court notice on Asaram school deaths - May 02, 2009
- Pay tax arrears, Ahmedabad civic body tells Asaram's ashram - Mar 10, 2010
- Asaram ashram encroachment demolished in Gujarat - Nov 27, 2010
- Attempt to murder charges against spiritual guru Asaram Bapu - Dec 07, 2009
- Asaram Bapu's estranged supporter still has bullet in chest - Dec 09, 2009
- Asaram Bapu survives chopper crash, probe ordered - Aug 29, 2012
- Notice to Asaram's Navsari ashram for encroachment - Dec 31, 2009
- Court rap for Asaram Ashram - Aug 26, 2008
- Defamation case: Bihar court takes cognizance of Asaram Bapu's role - Apr 22, 2010
- Two BSF men detained after 'human sacrifice' - Oct 07, 2011
- Scribes stopped from entering Asaram Bapu's ashram - Jul 19, 2008
- CID raids Asaram Bapus ashram in Ahmedabad - Jul 25, 2008