Ashok Leyland sales down 63 percent in DecemberJanuary 7th, 2009 - 4:22 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Jan 7 (IANS) Commercial vehicle manufacturer Ashok Leyland Ltd Wednesday reported a 63 percent fall in its December sales over the corresponding month previous year.In a statement, the company said it sold 2,321 units last month as against 6,340 units a year ago. Production fell 86 percent to 960 units during the month from 7,110 units in December 2007.
However, Ashok Leyland exported 901 units last month, up from 852 units shipped out in December 2007.
The company said it cut down on production to liquidate the inventory built in previous months due to shrinking demand, thanks to the global slowdown.
The company has rolled out 47,293 units till Dec 31 this fiscal, of which 43,657 units have been sold.
In November 2008, the company produced 3,609 units and sold 3,397 units.
- Ashok Leyland sales down 60 percent - Dec 04, 2008
- Ashok Leyland's sales grow, Bajaj Auto dip in July - Aug 02, 2012
- Hyundai India's May volume growth up two percent - Jun 01, 2011
- Tata Motors logs 15 percent sales growth - Aug 01, 2012
- Ashok Leyland bags $6 mn Bangladesh order for buses - Jun 06, 2012
- Ashok Leyland Q3 net profit down 59 percent - Jan 22, 2011
- Auto companies start 2012 with good sales (Roundup) - Feb 01, 2012
- Hero Honda's March sales up 24 percent - Apr 01, 2011
- Ashok Leyland-Nissan JV to roll out LCVs in 2011 - Apr 29, 2010
- Ashok Leyland-Nissan unveil 1.25-tonne goods carrier - Mar 29, 2011
- Ashok Leyland, German partner to develop defence systems (Lead) - Feb 23, 2011
- Nissan Motor sells one Micra more in September - Oct 04, 2010
- Ashok Leyland net in 2011-12 down by 10 percent - May 14, 2012
- Nissan to export 20 percent of mini-vans made in India - Jul 31, 2011
- Interest rates, fuel price hike dampen automobile sector (Roundup) - Jun 01, 2011