Ashok Leyland, Nissan to set up facilities in Tamil NaduSeptember 8th, 2008 - 10:17 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 8 (IANS) Heavy vehicles major Ashok Leyland and Japanese automobile giant Nissan Monday signed an agreement with the Tamil Nadu government for jointly setting up two projects in the state.The first is a manufacturing facility to roll out 190,000 light-range vehicles.
The second project planned is a heavy vehicle factory with an annual production capacity of 100,000 vehicles.
The two projects involve an investment of Rs.14.50 billion, Ashok Leyland said in a statement.
- Nissan to export 20 percent of mini-vans made in India - Jul 31, 2011
- Ashok Leyland Nissan rolls out Dost light commercial vehicle - Jul 22, 2011
- Ashok Leyland-Nissan unveil 1.25-tonne goods carrier - Mar 29, 2011
- Ashok Leyland Nissan to roll out LCVs in mid-2011 - Jun 01, 2010
- Chennai will be world's largest auto-manufacturing hub: Stalin - Feb 10, 2011
- Ashok Leyland net in 2011-12 down by 10 percent - May 14, 2012
- Ashok Leyland prices Dost LCV at Rs.379,000 - Sep 13, 2011
- Daimler to beef up its R&D; activities in India (Lead) - Apr 18, 2012
- Daimler to shift truck manufacturing to Tamil Nadu - Apr 18, 2012
- Ashok Leyland-Nissan joint venture to roll out light trucks by 2011 - Jun 02, 2010
- Renault-Nissan alliance crosses 100,000-engine-mark - Aug 26, 2011
- Ashok Leyland may get into car manufacturing with Nissan - Mar 04, 2010
- Ashok Leyland-Nissan JV to roll out LCVs in 2011 - Apr 29, 2010
- Ashok Leyland's UAE joint venture plant goes on stream - Dec 16, 2010
- Ashok Leyland, Nissan to set up plants in Tamil Nadu (Lead, changing dateline) - Sep 08, 2008