Ashok Leyland February sales 57 percent downMarch 4th, 2009 - 8:04 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, March 4 (IANS) Commercial vehicles manufacturer Ashok Leyland Wednesday reported 57 percent year-on-year fall in its February sales.
The company sold 3,245 units (domestic 2,669 and exports 576) last month, compared to 7,501 units (domestic 6,824 units and exports 677 units) in February 2008, an official statement said.
Production also went down sharply to 2,028 units in February 2009 from 8,218 units a year ago, it added.
However, the February sales are 33 percent higher than January figures. Ashok Leyland produced 1,170 units and sold 2,444 vehicles in January 2009.
During the April-February period of 2008-09, the company produced 50,491 units and sold 49,332 units, the statement said.
- Bajaj Auto's February sales up five percent - Mar 02, 2012
- Ashok Leyland's sales grow, Bajaj Auto dip in July - Aug 02, 2012
- Tata Motors logs 15 percent sales growth - Aug 01, 2012
- Ashok Leyland targets 30 pc market share next fiscal (Lead) - Mar 03, 2010
- Tata Motors sales down 7 percent in April - May 01, 2012
- Car sales to fall in 10 years despite growth in January (Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- Hyundai's domestic sales up by six percent - Sep 01, 2012
- Tata Motors February sales up 19 percent - Mar 01, 2012
- Tata Motors posts 15 percent sales growth in January - Feb 01, 2011
- Tata Motors' January sales up 16 percent - Feb 01, 2012
- Auto companies report healthy sales number for February (Roundup) - Mar 01, 2012
- In a subdued auto market, Asian companies log growth in July (Roundup) - Aug 01, 2012
- Tata Motors' October sales up five percent - Nov 01, 2011
- Slowdown, inflationary pressures affect automobile sales in August (Roundup) - Sep 01, 2012
- Bajaj Auto's January sales up eight percent - Feb 02, 2012