Ashok Chavan seeks exemption from appearance before Adarsh panelMay 22nd, 2012 - 10:35 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 22 (IANS) Seeking exemption from appearing before the two-member commission probing the Adarsh housing scam, former Maharashtra chief minister Ashok Chavan said he did not want to depose before it as he had no further information on the issue.
He was summoned to be present Wednesday before the two-member judicial commission comprising Justice (retd) J.A. Patil and former state chief secretary P. Subrahmanyam, who are probing the scam.
However, Chavan’s lawyer Amit Desai filed an application before the commission seeking exemption for him.
Desai told the commission that Chavan had filed an affidavit last year giving details about whatever knowledge he had about the Adarsh Society and that he has nothing to add.
In the application, Chavan said his deposition was relevant only for two issues related to ownership and reservation of the plot for war widows. He then declined to appear before the commission contending that the commission has already filed its report regarding the same.
The commission will, however, continue to hear arguments on his application Wednesday and then pass an order.
Chavan stepped down Nov 9, 2010, and was replaced by Prithviraj Chavan.
- Ashok Chavan agrees to appear before Adarsh panel - May 24, 2012
- Adarsh scam: Deshmukh blames former ministers - Jun 27, 2012
- Signed files on officials' advice, Deshmukh tells Adarsh panel - Jun 26, 2012
- Adarsh panel questions Sushil Kumar Shinde - Jun 25, 2012
- Adarsh society case: Interim probe report submitted - Apr 13, 2012
- Adarsh Society probe interim report likely Friday - Apr 12, 2012
- Adarsh probe panel summons Deshmukh, Shinde - May 23, 2012
- Adarsh scam: Ashok Chavan shifts blame on predecessor - Jun 30, 2012
- State owns Adarsh Society land, says judicial panel - Apr 17, 2012
- Adarsh probe: Two former chief ministers summoned - May 11, 2011
- Chavan grabbed over six flats in Adarsh: BJP secretary - Apr 25, 2012
- Ex-army chief did not see Adarsh a security threat - Jul 20, 2012
- Ashok Chavan shifts Adarsh blame to Deshmukh - Jun 20, 2011
- Adarsh scam: Money laundering case against 14 accused - Apr 30, 2012
- Adarsh scam interim probe report soon - Feb 24, 2012