Asean sponsors conference on Myanmar cycloneMay 20th, 2008 - 1:22 pm ICT by admin
Jakarta, May 20 (Xinhua) The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean) has agreed to sponsor an international conference to boost global commitment to assist Myanmar in mitigating the impact of deadly cyclone Nargis. The conference to be attended by representatives from the international community would be held in Yangon May 23, Antara news agency Tuesday quoted Indonesian Foreign Minister Hassan Wirajuda as saying.
“The detailed plan for the conference is still under discussion,” the minister said in an interview with Antara Monday.
At the Asean foreign ministers meeting held in Singapore recently, Myanmar has agreed to receive an Asean natural disaster mitigation task force.
- ASEAN, UN stress rapid aid for Myanmar cyclone - Aug 30, 2010
- ASEAN-India officials meet in Cambodia - May 27, 2012
- Singapore keen to invest in Myanmar's hotel sector - May 27, 2012
- Myanmar president meets UN chief - Apr 30, 2012
- India-educated Vietnamese may get ASEAN's top job - Aug 11, 2012
- ASEAN pledges to cooperate against terrorism - May 09, 2011
- US wants close ties with ASEAN - Jul 11, 2012
- Indian envoy meets Indonesian parliamentary speaker - Jun 12, 2012
- India pledges Myanmar $10 mn, donates 10 rice silos (Second Lead) - Jun 21, 2011
- Myanmar outlines monetary development master plan - Aug 03, 2012
- Indonesia aids Australian flash flooding with $1 million - Jan 17, 2011
- Ban arrives in Myanmar - Apr 29, 2012
- Indonesia seeks greater role in ASEAN - Feb 10, 2010
- ASEAN, Japan agree to boost cooperation on nuke plant safety - Apr 10, 2011
- ASEAN Summit begins in Indonesia - Nov 17, 2011