Asaram ashram encroachment demolished in GujaratNovember 27th, 2010 - 10:33 pm ICT by IANS
Gandhinagar, Nov 27 (IANS) Revenue authorities Saturday demolished certain encroachments of the ashram of spiritual leader Asaram Bapu in Bhairavi village of Navsari district in south Gujarat.
The ashram was officially allocated 10 acres of land but it later encroached on another six acres of adjoining land and went on to construct a hall and a cowshed.
The villagers objected to this and drew the attention of the government which issued a notice to the ashram to vacate the land in question three years back.
After repeated notices drew a blank, the district authorities with police assistance Saturday bulldozed the encroachments to take possession of the land.
The “Godman” and his ashram had been in the thick of controversy after bodies of two boys, students of the Asaram school in Ahmedabad, were found from the Sabarmati river bed two years ago.
- God Man Asaram Bapu's hermitage demolished in Gujarat - Nov 27, 2010
- Notice to Asaram's Navsari ashram for encroachment - Dec 31, 2009
- Eunuchs burn effigy of Asaram Bapu - Jan 19, 2010
- Anti-Posco agitators held, released - Jun 03, 2011
- Asaram Bapu survives chopper crash, probe ordered - Aug 29, 2012
- Bangladesh developer encroaching upon cremation ground? - Apr 16, 2011
- Asaram Bapu asked to appear before panel on ashram deaths - May 09, 2011
- Man goes missing from Asaram's ashram - Dec 19, 2009
- Orissa to resume work at Posco site - Jul 01, 2011
- Deadlock over Posco land acquisition continues - Jun 25, 2011
- Pay tax arrears, Ahmedabad civic body tells Asaram's ashram - Mar 10, 2010
- Demolition of 'Aarakshan' set in Bhopal upsets Jha's shooting (With Images) - May 08, 2011
- Six injured in clash between locals and cops in Bikaner - Mar 19, 2012
- Chandy plans all-party meet on encroachment in Munnar hills - Jun 15, 2011
- Gujarat government gets court notice on Asaram school deaths - May 02, 2009