Arushi murder: Bail pleas to be heard FridaySeptember 11th, 2008 - 11:12 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Sep 11(IANS) The bail pleas of the Arushi murder case accused will be heard in a special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court here Friday.The court Thursday rejected the application of one of the accused, Krishna, because his lawyer filed it before the deadline for the investigation agency to file a charge sheet in one of the most talked about murder mysteries was to expire.
Krishna and other accused Raj Kumar’s plea would be heard Friday. The two are likely to get the bail as the CBI Tuesday said it was not charging anyone with the crime and would not oppose bail for Raj Kumar and Krishna. The third accused Vijay Mandal got bail last week.
Krishna’s lawyer had to face an embarrassment before the court when he submitted the application a day before the 90-day period of filing charge sheet by the Central Bureau of Invesitigation (CBI) was to expire.
Advocate F.C. Sharma filed the application in the CBI court of Rama Jain under the impression that the charge sheet filing period expired Wednesday night.
The application was rejected after the court discovered that the filing period expires Thursday night.
The application could not be disposed of as Sharma couldn’t be found out in the vicinity. His mobile was switched off when journalists tried to contact him.
- Nupur Talwar's bail rejected, moves apex court (Second Lead) - May 02, 2012
- Aarushi murder: Court rejects father's request for papers (Second Lead) - Jan 21, 2011
- 2G scam: Three accused withdraw bail pleas - Jun 20, 2011
- Bishnoi's bail plea rejected in Bhanwari case - May 26, 2012
- Aarushi murder: Post-mortem doctor deposes in court - Jul 24, 2012
- Aarushi case: CBI gets notice on Talwars' plea - Mar 26, 2012
- Aarushi case: Forensic scientist's cross-examination on - Aug 24, 2012
- Rajesh Talwar not to be given CBI documents, rules court (Lead) - Jan 21, 2011
- Another night in jail for Nupur Talwar, bail decision Wednesday (Second Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Aarushi case: CBI gets notice on Talwars' plea (Second Lead) - Mar 26, 2012
- 2G scam: Bail pleas of five corporate honchos rejected (Lead) - May 23, 2011
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Aarushi case: CBI gets notice on Talwars' plea (Lead) - Mar 26, 2012
- Sohrabuddin case: Amit Shah heads for Mumbai on Supreme Court's orders - Oct 31, 2010
- Cineyug Films' Morani files new bail plea (Lead) - May 04, 2011