Arun Bharat Ram to be conferred German awardAugust 29th, 2008 - 6:32 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 29 (IANS) Industrialist Arun Bharat Ram has been named for Germany’s Officer’s Cross of Merit, conferred on persons with outstanding political, socio-economic and intellectual contributions to society.Bharat Ram, an industrial engineering graduate, is the chairman of synthetic fibre and tyre fibre manufacturer SRF Ltd, and also heads the Family Business Council of industry lobby, the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
Additionally, the veteran industrialist co-chairs the Indo-German Consultative group, a high-level forum that reports to the German chancellor and Indian prime minister.
He is scheduled to receive the award, established in 1951, from German Ambassador to India Bernd Muetzelburg in acknowledgement of his role in strengthening Indo-German ties, particularly economic relations, an embassy statement said.
India-German trade has grown up to 12 billion euros ($17.68 billion) in 2007, with Germany being India’s most import trade partner in the European Union.
- Germany proposes to set up science and technology centre in India - Mar 12, 2010
- Indo-German working group on automotive sector to meet on Monday - Apr 15, 2011
- India asks Germany to liberalise visa norms - Sep 23, 2010
- India, Germany to discus Eurozone crisis, Afghanistan - Jun 21, 2012
- German minister in India, to focus on auto sector - Apr 18, 2011
- German businesses gung-ho about India, to step up hiring, investment - May 27, 2011
- TCS, Wipro among top 10 in carbon disclosure leadership index - Nov 16, 2011
- India should ensure investment safety: German envoy (Interview) - Aug 12, 2012
- UN reforms, trade ties on PM's agenda to Europe - Dec 08, 2010
- India one of the powerhouses of world economy says German Minister - Sep 25, 2010
- Step-by-step liberalisation good policy: German envoy - Nov 26, 2010
- India, Germany hold huge potential for cooperation, says Pranab Mukherjee - Sep 23, 2010
- Germany second major science research partner of India: Study - Nov 04, 2011
- First Indo-German strategic dialogue during Merkel visit - May 27, 2011
- India and Germany ink cultural accord, push UN reforms - Oct 18, 2010