Artists from South Asia to bond over artSeptember 1st, 2008 - 9:49 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 1 (IANS) Artists from South Asia will perform and showcase their art works in the capital in a show titled, “Six Degrees of Separation: Chaos, Congruence & Collaboration in South Asia” from Sep 5-20.The show will be organised by KHOJ International Artists’ Association as part of its 10-year celebration.
“The idea of the show is to set up an artistic dialogue between the SAARC nations as part of a cultural exchange,” a release issued by KHOJ said Monday.
Featuring 13 artists from Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and India, the show will offer a spread of video, sound, photography, installation and mixed media formats that will resonate with themes from across the national borders.
In the decade since its inception, KHOJ has facilitated more than seventy in-house art camps, exhibitions and community-based art initiatives across India.
The focus has been on Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Nepal with the belief that despite having such strong cultural links in the region, there was little contemporary art exchange that took place within it.
- US artists to visit India for smart power diplomacy - Oct 19, 2011
- 40 artists donate to South Asian art platform - Nov 05, 2011
- SAARC folklore festival starts Friday - Sep 29, 2011
- Blake to head US delegation at SAARC - Nov 08, 2011
- Protect SAARC's shared cultural identity: Writer - Sep 29, 2011
- South Asia Forum calls for regional economic union - Sep 08, 2011
- SAARC countries pledge to combat terrorism, human trafficking - Feb 08, 2011
- Youth workshop on gender, democracy and peace-building - Dec 10, 2011
- Workshops, community projects help art push new frontiers - Apr 24, 2010
- Lucknow doctor set to lecture surgeons in Pakistan - Mar 17, 2012
- South Asia can become energy surplus: Bhutan PM - Apr 23, 2012
- Pakistan, Bangladesh stay off SAARC anti-terror meet - Feb 09, 2012
- India unveils duty cuts for SAARC LDCs, says let's trust each other - Nov 10, 2011
- Asian art seeing a resurgence in global market - Sep 18, 2012
- SAARC should focus on infrastructure, trade: CII - Nov 06, 2011