Arrested former Delhi councillor sent to judicial custodyFebruary 21st, 2008 - 4:10 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Feb 21 (IANS) A day after his arrest, a city court Thursday sent Ashok Jain, a former Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) councillor, to a day’s judicial custody for his alleged involvement in the murder of a builder last year. Jain, a former deputy chairman of MCD’s standing committee, was produced before Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Alok Kumar Agarwal.
Jain was arrested Wednesday at the Delhi Police’s Crime Branch office in Chanakyapuri where he was called for questioning in the murder of Vijay Dhaiya at his Hauz Qazi home in September.
According to police, Jain had paid money to Uttar Pradesh based goons to eliminate Dhaiya following a property dispute. The builder was killed Sep 29, 2007.
In 2004, the Congress party suspended Jain for six years after the Central Bureau Of Investigation (CBI) caught him red-handed taking a bribe of Rs.100,000 from another builder at his Sitaram Bazar office in north Delhi. He was released on bail a month later.
- Former Delhi councillor held for murder - Feb 20, 2008
- Bangladeshi held for killing senior citizen - Nov 17, 2011
- Delhi BJP worker killed, party councillor arrested (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Cop, engineers, accountant caught taking bribes - Jul 21, 2012
- BJP worker killed, party councillor detained - Apr 11, 2012
- Former MCD councillor formally charged for murder - Feb 22, 2008
- Builder's guard held for firing on parking issue - Jan 22, 2012
- Police to quiz ex-minister held in housing scam - Mar 11, 2012
- 60-year-old woman found strangled - Mar 16, 2011
- Three arrested for robbing, killing man - Nov 10, 2011
- NCP minister arrested for housing scam, resigns - May 21, 2012
- Delhi municipal councillor's kin attacked - Dec 20, 2011
- CBI arrests Punjab Police officer for graft (Lead) - Jul 24, 2011
- Two minors raped in Delhi - Jul 10, 2012
- MCD employee poisons relative, arrested - May 04, 2012