Arrest warrants issued against Nirmal BabaMay 19th, 2012 - 5:54 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, May 19 (IANS) A Bihar court Saturday issued arrest warrants against self-styled godman Nirmal Baba in connection with a case of cheating and fraud filed by one of his disciples, officials said.
The warrants were issued by the chief judicial magistrate in Araria district, court officials said.
The court earlier this week rejected an anticipatory bail plea filed by the baba.
A case of cheating and fraud was registered last month in Forbesganj police station of Araria district by Rakesh Kumar.
The complainant alleged that Nirmal Baba promised him good fortune through miracle. But even after paying him ‘dasvand’ (tenth share of income as tithe) thrice, he had not benefited.
- Arrest warrant against Nirmal Baba stayed - May 23, 2012
- Police told to file report in Nirmal Baba case - Aug 10, 2012
- Can't book Nirmal Baba over complaint, cops tell court - Sep 10, 2012
- Forbesganj firing: Senior Bihar cop in dock - Jul 09, 2011
- Industrialist faces arrest for attack on journalist - Mar 03, 2012
- Warrant issued for Bihar legislator's arrest - Apr 25, 2012
- Bihar court seeks arrest of 11 Nepali Maoist leaders - Sep 15, 2011
- Court notice over baba's magic remedy ads - May 16, 2012
- Seeking curbs on magical cure ads, Delhi tells court - Aug 30, 2012
- Chargesheet filed against godman Nityananada - Nov 29, 2010
- Controversial guru Nityananda sent to day's judicial custody (Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- Judicial panel to probe Bihar firing - Jun 23, 2011
- Opposition attacks Nitish over police firing deaths - Jun 06, 2011
- Opposition blames Nitish for police firing deaths (Lead) - Jun 06, 2011
- Nityananda held in Himachal, to be flown to Bangalore Thursday (Fifth Lead) - Apr 22, 2010