Arrest warrant issued against MP in BiharMarch 4th, 2008 - 10:35 pm ICT by admin
Patna, March 4 (IANS) A court in Sitamarhi district in Bihar has issued a warrant for arrest of Rashtriya Janata Dal parliamentarian Sitaram Yadav Tuesday for allegedly attempting to kidnap and threatening Fakir Ram, a witness in a case of land dispute. Sitaram Yadav represents Sitamarhi parliamentary constituency.
The district session court in Sitamarhi issued the arrest warrant against Sitaram Yadav on the basis of a complaint that he attempted to kidnap and threatened Fakir Ram.
A case was lodged against Sitaram Yadav, his son and bodyguards in Sitamarhi last Thursday. Later, Yadav’s men released Fakir Ram.
Ram Pramod Sahni, a resident of Bagarvan village complained to the police against Sitaram Yadav, his son Krishna Kumar and six security guards in connection with the kidnapping of Fakir Ram.
Dozens of politicians in Bihar are facing serious criminal charges, including murder, kidnapping and extortion.
- Warrant issued for Bihar legislator's arrest - Apr 25, 2012
- Extortion threats force Bihar doctor couple to leave government service - Sep 06, 2012
- CBI probe demanded into Bihar girl's suicide - Sep 06, 2012
- Jailed Bihar politician to be awarded Ph.D - Jul 07, 2012
- Bihar cops rescue abducted doctor - Jan 12, 2011
- Bihar seeks bail cancellation of 101 criminals - Jul 06, 2012
- Court acquits don Dawood Ibrahim's 'aide' - Apr 23, 2012
- Pappu Yadav arrested by CBI - Aug 16, 2010
- RJD legislator surrenders in Bihar court - Feb 04, 2011
- Arrest warrants issued against Nirmal Baba - May 19, 2012
- RJD legislator surrenders in court, sent to jail (Lead) - Feb 04, 2011
- CBI arrests former Bihar MP Pappu Yadav (Lead, Changing dateline) - Aug 16, 2010
- Absconding legislator's bodyguard surrenders - May 12, 2011
- 69 convicted in fodder scam - May 03, 2012
- Seven prisoners booked for lynching doctor in Bihar (Lead) - May 30, 2011