Arrest police for girl’s death, says child panel chiefJune 13th, 2011 - 4:06 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 13 (IANS) As the Uttar Pradesh government ordered a probe into the alleged rape and murder of a 14-year-old girl in a police station, the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) said all the personnel present in the police station should be arrested.
“It is totally unacceptable that the incident happened in a police station. It is important that the police (personnel present at time of the incident) are arrested immediately and an FIR registered,” NCPCR director Shanta Sinha told reporters.
“I must say all the police who were in the police station at that time need to be arrested,” she said.
Sinha added: “It (first information report) should be based on the fact that the child’s body was found in police station, it could not have been done without the collusion and connivance of the police,” she said.
She said the inquiry should be led by a senior woman police officer who would probe the case with “with a sense of fairness and neutrality”.
The girl’s body was found hanging at the Nighasan police station in Lakhimpur-Kheri district, 130 km from Lucknow, Friday night.
She was residing in hutmets in one corner of the police station compound where her father was engaged as a construction labourer.
Eleven policemen were suspended for their prima facie “dereliction of duty”.
- Mayawati orders probe into girl's death at police station (Lead) - Jun 13, 2011
- Mayawati orders probe into girl's death at police station - Jun 13, 2011
- BJP demands third autopsy of murdered UP girl - Jun 14, 2011
- Uma Bharti to stage first sit-in as BJP leader Saturday - Jun 17, 2011
- Girl killed in police station was gangraped: Women's panel - Jun 30, 2011
- UP girl's murder confirmed; 11 cops, three doctors suspended (Second Lead) - Jun 13, 2011
- Murdered Uttar Pradesh girl's mother demands CBI probe - Jun 15, 2011
- Lakhimpur-Kheri girl's parents demand CBI probe (Lead) - Jun 16, 2011
- Another cop held for girl's death in police station - Jul 03, 2011
- Court seeks detailed report on UP girl's murder probe - Jun 17, 2011
- Police misinterpreted girl's autopsy: Suspended doctor - Jun 15, 2011
- Congress to move court for CBI probe in Uttar Pradesh crimes - Jul 01, 2011
- Lawyers offer help, girl's family again wants CBI probe - Jun 16, 2011
- Mayawati suspends police officer in girl's murder (Third Lead) - Jun 15, 2011
- Kheri rape: Doctors charged with fudging autopsy - Jul 12, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,