Around 600,000 students to appear for B.Ed entrance in Uttar PradeshOctober 5th, 2008 - 1:18 pm ICT by IANS
Agra, Oct 5 (IANS) Agra University is all set to hold the country’s biggest professional entrance examination of Bachelor in Education (B.Ed) on Oct 19. About 600,000 forms have been sold by the varsity. The examination date was announced by vice chancellor K.N. Tripathi Saturday. The date of the entrance test was first fixed at Sep 23, then in view of the pressure of aspirants it was postponed to Oct 5 and again shifted to Oct 12.
Delay in holding the entrance exam has resulted in an increased revenue for the university as each form costs Rs.736, a source said.
According to Tripathi, 587,289 examinees will appear for the combined B.Ed entrance exam at 925 centres all over Uttar Pradesh. The Agra University administration is holding an examination of this nature for the first time.
In Agra, 58,393 students are expected to take the examination at 91 centres. Lucknow, on the other hand, has 120 centres.
On the day of the examination, section 144 would be imposed within 300 metres of the centres and no PCOs or fax machines would be permitted. The decisions were announced after a meeting, presided by Tripathi, of registrars of different universities in Uttar Pradesh.
After the review meeting Saturday, 11 registrars from Kanpur, Agra, Lucknow, Meerut, Varanasi, among others, said the university is fully prepared to hold the examination.
- Nearly 600,000 students to write B.Ed exam (Lead) - Oct 05, 2008
- B.Ed exam cancelled due to paper leak - May 05, 2010
- B.Ed exam cancelled due to paper leak, four arrested (Lead) - May 05, 2010
- B.Ed exam cancelled after paper leak, four held (Second Lead) - May 06, 2010
- B.Ed, M.Ed paper leaks blot on Agra's image: academics - May 17, 2010
- Publisher's employee prime accused in B.Ed paper leak: Police - May 10, 2010
- 'Foolproof' steps against cheating in UP pre-medical tests - Jun 01, 2012
- Court relaxes norms for Uttar Pradesh BEd entrance test - May 04, 2010
- Vice chancellor's resignation over paper leak rejected - May 06, 2010
- Online engineering entrance exam from next year - Sep 13, 2011
- Agra varsity's private candidates' exams cancelled - May 31, 2011
- Jamia declares B.Ed result hours after exam - May 10, 2012
- Aspiring teachers baton charged in Lucknow - Feb 28, 2011
- AIEEE exam held after three hour delay (Lead) - May 01, 2011
- Girls outshine boys in Uttar Pradesh Class 10 results - Jun 10, 2011