Army personnel booked for assaulting traffic constableFebruary 1st, 2012 - 2:33 pm ICT by IANS
Pune, Feb 1 (IANS) Pune police have registered a complaint against over 30 army personnel Wednesday, a day after they assaulted a traffic police constable here, an official said.
“Initially two young army officers attached to the College of Military Engineering (CME) got involved in an altercation with a traffic police constable when they were stopped for running into a no-entry zone,” Deputy Commissioner of Police Dnyneshwar Fadtare told IANS.
“They also had a verbal fight with two women constables last night as they refused to follow the rules of no-entry,” he added.
According to police, the two officers then left only to return with their friends who assaulted the constable. Around 30-40 jawans and officers in civil clothes had also broken the cameras of mediapersons who had rushed to the spot late Tuesday, police said.
“Offences like using force on a policeman and breaking traffic rules have been registered against them and we are looking into it,” Fadtare said.
The defence authorities could not be contacted for comments.
- Police, army trade charges over Pune fracas (Lead) - Feb 01, 2012
- Army personnel booked for assaulting traffic constable (Lead) - Feb 01, 2012
- Policeman kills man for Rs.50 - Sep 06, 2011
- Aamir fined Rs.100 for traffic offence - Oct 09, 2011
- Man assaults parliament security staff, detained - Nov 24, 2011
- Traffic cop books legislator, summoned by house panel - Dec 19, 2011
- Policeman, officials scuffle at Bengal assembly complex - Mar 24, 2011
- Delhi Traffic Police chief upset with VIP law breakers - Feb 07, 2011
- Three traffic constables suspended for assaulting woman officer (Lead) - Sep 03, 2010
- Naga paratrooper kills officer, West Bengal policeman - Dec 02, 2010
- Kashmir minister's guards held for assaulting traffic cop - Sep 11, 2012
- Traffic cop set ablaze by autorickshaw driver dies (Lead) - Nov 03, 2010
- CBI raids houses, offices of former defence officials, builder - Jan 31, 2012
- Gurgaon hooliganism due to lack of cops: Residents - Jan 02, 2012
- Police placate diplomat who attacks cop - Oct 05, 2011
Tags: altercation, army officers, army personnel, cameras, civil clothes, cme, commissioner of police, constables, defence authorities, deputy commissioner, military engineering, police constable, policeman, pune police, traffic police, traffic rules, two women