Army out in Bihar town after clashMarch 13th, 2009 - 12:35 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, March 13 (IANS) Armed forces marched through Bihar’s Sasaram town Friday following a communal clash that injured more than 13 people.
Nine shops were also looted in the clash between two communities Thursday night, police in Sasaram, 200 km from the state capital Patna, said.
“Armed forces have been deployed in sensitive areas of the town near Sher Shah’s tomb,” a police official said.
The administration has asked social workers and political leaders to help maintain peace.
- Bihar town peaceful after communal clash - Mar 15, 2009
- Armed forces out in Bihar town after clash (Lead) - Mar 13, 2009
- Curfew imposed in Andhra town - Mar 30, 2012
- No exodus of northeast people from Bihar: Modi - Aug 18, 2012
- Workers kill company official in Yanam (Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- Andhra town tense after communal violence (Lead) - Mar 30, 2012
- Curfew imposed in old Hyderabad - Apr 08, 2012
- Official, six policemen injured in Rajasthan communal clash - Feb 26, 2012
- Extra security for Ganesh procession in Hyderabad - Sep 07, 2011
- Man arrested for bath in tank around Sher Shah Suri tomb - Apr 03, 2009
- Man arrested for digging out body from grave - May 12, 2009
- Protests in Srinagar over Facebook posts - Nov 18, 2011
- Fresh violence in Hyderabad, restrictions imposed (Lead) - Mar 28, 2010
- Separatist shutdown, official curbs mar Srinagar life - May 21, 2012
- Voting in Bihar by-poll ends peacefully - Oct 13, 2011